Quick primer for the believers in AGW.

Discussion in 'Conservation' started by Klickrolf, Jun 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald that's His Lordship, to you.....

yet no bigger than the one which destroyed Galveston about 100 years ago. Nobody made a record of how much rain fell, nor what the temperatures were at the time. So you don't really know what went on then, and cannot compare that which you don't know, to that which you do. All you can say about this last event is, of the stats recorded, this was the highest rainfall, warmest ocean temps, etc. In the geologic record (facts, not opinion), the planet has recorded MUCH higher temperatures as well as much lower; warmer, more shallow seas covering a lot more land mass than now, much higher CO2 in the atmosphere, along with rapid changes caused entirely by natural events or processes. there have been at least 5 major extinctions in earth's history prior to the ascent of humans, who had absolutely nothing to do with any of the events mentioned above. It is my opinion, buttressed by the data contained within the geologic record and my graduate-level course work in paleontology, as well as the same level course work in history, that to claim "man" is causing all this, and that we must immediately "do something" is premature. Rather than discuss it rationally and calmly, it's lots easier simply to point a finger at someone and yell "DENIER"!! Pretty much like a lot of religious fanatics once did when they screamed "BLASPHEMER"!!! We've been subjected to all manner of bullshit-like melting sea ice caused polar bears to drown because they had to swim too far-to that idiot Gore claiming the seas would rise 20 feet after the Greenland ice sheet collapses (it's not, by the way). There are all manner of conflicting data floating around, and it's difficult to get a handle on what's actually taking place and the causes thereof. And sadly, not a little of it is driven by liars and bullshitters.

freestoneangler and Gene S like this.
  2. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald that's His Lordship, to you.....

It IS a little obtuse, Ian....

3. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Which takes us directly to the Sun Solar Flares thread. A factor in earths climate like none other but which the propagandist's avoid like a plague. Man made climate change is a grand ruse, a clever front for political power grab and social engineering. Worse, this movement has hijacked the sensible endeavors to minimize the impacts we do make.

Alex MacDonald likes this.
  4. Ian Horning

Ian Horning Active Member

I said nobody would hear from me in this thread again. Let me say this.

It is impossible to know what's really true in this day and age. Two sides bitterly calling each other deniers of the truth which is unknown. None of us know the answer, as much as we think we do. I believe that I am right and the alternative is impossible to believe. The opposition believes in their view the same way.
    I see the media, the statistics that people look at and use to argue their point as well. And now both sides are political, which complicates even more. It could be said that both sides benefit from pushing their individual agendas in different ways.

People can argue day in, day out. Say this is right, that's wrong, I'm right, and you're wrong. I can't believe you see it that way, when the truth is clearly this way... but he said, she said, no he didn't, she never did. It goes nowhere.

Obviously I'm one of those who believes that global warming is influenced by human activity. The opposition calls me an alarmist. I call them deniers. They believe what they will. I believe what I will. Perhaps we are both hypocritical and biased the same.

Oh and by the way, I hope I'm wrong. We are poisoning the waterways, filling the ocean with garbage, demolishing the forest and overharvesting our fish. I would love it if we weren't actually polluting the atmosphere.

I'm going fishing.

Shad, GorgeTony and smc like this.
  5. Rob Allen

Rob Allen Active Member

That is why i am a libertarian you go dp your thing and I'll do mine. That is the only way we will be able to live in harmony.

I'd be all for doing something about climate change if they'd come up with a reasonable plan that would actually do something.

I hate the Columbia river dams and what they have done to our fish. However we wouldn't have won WW2 without them.
    The electricity they provided made the aluminum that made our fighters and bombers that made winning tge war possible. Without them a great number of WFF member's would not be alive today as their grandfathers would have died over there.
    There are two sides to everything.

6. freestoneangler

I wouldn't because they can't and it's a fools game. That we've already pissed away good coin on the ruse is bad enough; time to stop the charade. The sensible aspects environmental stewardship are already well known and actions have been in place for decades to implement them in a reasonable manner. The EPA had, up to the point where they became drunk on the man made climate change elixir, been doing a good job. We need to get back to operating in that manner and Trumps changes to their over-bloated budget is a start.

7. Klickrolf

Klickrolf Active Member

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  8. Klickrolf

Klickrolf Active Member

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  9. freestoneangler

I marvel at some of the post times in these threads. What the hell are you doing up at 12:02 am... and posting on WFF no less? :D

10. Klickrolf

Klickrolf Active Member

It's possible we're in different time zones? Here's another interesting read. It'll take a little time but written well for the climate change curious crowd. https://www.thegwpf.org/content/uploads/2017/09/Tsonis-17.pdf

11. Rob Allen

Rob Allen Active Member

there used to be 3000 feet of ice where Seattle is. sure glad the earth has warmed since then.

12. freestoneangler

Imagine the uproar and thread debates on the smokesignalnet when that melt took place.

Even accounting for the 1 hour time change, lots of thread activity in the midnight hours. I'm sure this Prof is shunned by his peers for not following the script and mentioning those pesky variables/facts that are clearly not man made.

"While humans may play a role in climate change, other natural forces such as the oceans and extraterrestrial influences such as the sun and cosmic rays62 may play important roles too."

13. triploidjunkie

triploidjunkie Active Member

You make it sound like 12:00 is late. I rarely go to bed before midnight, and am always up by six.

14. freestoneangler

It is for us. Except for volunteer FD calls, we rarely see the backside of 10:00 pm. Some are night-owls, some are Early Birds, and some are both... amazingly able to function on fumes :D.