Quick primer for the believers in AGW.

Discussion in 'Conservation' started by Klickrolf, Jun 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald that's His Lordship, to you.....

Oh yeah...I was waiting for somebody to bring up the evil, oil-besotted Koch brothers, without, of course, mentioning George Soros in the same light, or having the stones to compare his dumping a ton of money on his favorite cause du jour. Like I said earlier, this behavior is OK, because his heart's in the right place. Right about where my crosshairs would be.......

And "traumatized" college brats? Their lattes must have gone cold. Fuck. When I was their age, I was wading through a swamp called the Rung Sat, full of really nasty shit, seeing actual, REAL trauma every day. None of us ever needed a "safe space", or a puppy to curl up with, or counselors so we could bawl on their shoulders. My generation has one word for these precious little snowflakes-pussies.

2. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

That sounds pretty damn ominous. Are they similar to those Liberal billionaires... like the couple who were nearly broke but are buying their way back into the Whitehouse? And we thought she was only kidding when she said that furniture was theirs and they were entitled to it.

Are you disagreeing that that it wasn't Exxon, Mobil and the other companies that created this fictional situation?

Alex MacDonald likes this.
  3. Alex MacDonald

Perfect, FSA!! It's that vast, Right-Wing Conspiracy all right! We're such evil, greedy, bigoted, racist, misogynist, homophobic mean-spirited...I gotta be missing a few other well-used leftist appellations here....... Oh, BIG OIL, the bogeyman of all "environmentalists", most of whom have never really been so far out in the boonies they can't run to mommy in a couple of hours if they get damp.......

4. cabezon

cabezon Sculpin Enterprises

Wow, given your history, I would have thought that you might have some sensitivity to post-traumatic stress syndrome (see https://www.adaa.org/understanding-anxiety/posttraumatic-stress-disorder-ptsd and http://maketheconnection.net/conditions/ptsd). Guess you're just too tough.....
    Steve

5. Alex MacDonald

Sure, if you've experienced that...How many "college students" do you think have though? Damn few, from what I've heard. Battle fatigue isn't what these little shits have had to deal with on the whole. They're "upset" because somebody challenges their closely-held beliefs that they might be "racist", or there might be a wage gap between males and females, or that there might be a "rape culture" on campus. To put this in perspective, if racism were rampant on college campuses, there wouldn't be anywhere near the number of students of color that there are (considering I've actually been there, and seen this, I know it's bullshit). The wage gap? Hell, if it were real, CEOs would fire all their men, and hire only women for less money. And their "rape culture" horseshit-given their claimed "statistics", our campuses are more dangerous than the fucking Congo. Yeah, right. NO, their "trauma" is almost entirely imagined, and certainly manufactured. And the folks in that thing you linked to....are all combat vets, not the little cupcakes we're talking about. Lucky for them, they had some of the resources to help them deal with this . We didn't get a thing. It took an act of fucking congress to even get us a chance at jobs. Some of us couldn't handle it, yes. Some committed suicide, turned to drugs and alcohol, and many of us, like myself, just sucked it up and went on with life. If that makes me tough, then yes, I'm not made of cake.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    triploidjunkie and Abomb like this.
  6. Golden Trout

Golden Trout Active Member

Not a Hillary fan and could triple the reasons you could come up with why. Most folks are well aware of those that are hooked on Koch or bathed in Exon Mobile oil. Don't think that as many are aware of the others that I mentioned.

7. weiliwen

weiliwen Active Member

And none of these people - the Clintons, college students, "liberal billionaires," none of them bankroll climate change science. OTOH, those folks mentioned earlier, on the right wing extremist side, do bankroll climate denial spokesmen.

dfl and Golden Trout like this.
  8. Klickrolf

Klickrolf Active Member

You guys need to get your heads out of the sand. Our Federal gov't funds most, by far, of the climate change research...computer models. Billions a year since 1993, 2014 spending was $37.7 Billion dollars of US taxpayer money. That's 10 times what Golden Trout posted in his unattributed and linkless chart blaming the opposition for all their wasted money. Learn it here...
    http://www.gao.gov/key_issues/climate_change_funding_management/issue_summary

Federal funding goes ONLY to studies designed to find human CO2 release as the "sole cause of global warming". Those crowing roosters are telling us that .0004% of the atmosphere is determining the earth's global average temperature. Sun's output doesn't matter, clouds don't matter, water vapor doesn't matter, orbit doesn't matter, PDO's and AMO's don't effect the climate...nothing matters but human CO2 emission. Unimpressed!

9. Alex MacDonald

Very well said! Central planning...it's the communist way! And I see the roots of Orwell's "big brother" beginning, especially in the college campuses across the nation. They shout you down if you have a theory different from theirs, they work to ban your group from campus, they protest, petition and whine if a group wants to bring a conservative speaker to campus, like Condoleeza Rice. The gormless idiot administrators cave, and there goes another brilliant thinker, whose thoughts are never shared lest they trigger a "microaggression". it's time to introduce "big brother" to something called a K-Bar........

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    Klickrolf likes this.
  10. cabezon

cabezon Sculpin Enterprises

I hear that the stock price of ALCOA is up......

11. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

That's a good thing, right?

12. Klickrolf

Klickrolf Active Member

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    Abomb and Alex MacDonald like this.
  13. Gene S

Gene S Active Member

Yeah, when some days had very special meaning. From Bau Bang to Dong Ha to the A Shau.
    These overly sensitive cream puffs need to be told they are entitled to nothing.

14. Alex MacDonald

15. Klickrolf

Klickrolf Active Member

A little more Blasphemy for your purview. Things ain't what we're required to think. A couple real scientists... Willie Soon, a fun presentation from a "real" climate scientist. If you have a sense of humor wrt science you'll like this one, if not don't bother.

Tony Heller, aka Steve Goddard. Lots of info you should be aware of.

Human emission of CO2 can't do anything but make the planet more productive. We need more CO2 in our atmosphere, not less!

triploidjunkie likes this.