Quick primer for the believers in AGW.

Discussion in 'Conservation' started by Klickrolf, Jun 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Golden Trout

Golden Trout Active Member

Have you sent these questions to the authors of the references? Since they are not on an oil company payroll, I'm sure you will get honest answers.

dfl and cabezon like this.
  2. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

OK, we're 9 pages in, time for an instant poll. Has anyone changed their position on the subject? This back and forth bantering is quite amusing... Jeebus, just imagine if we could put all this hot air worldwide to use.

The bottom line is that we earth peoples are hooked on modern living, that will involve use of fossil fuel for the foreseeable future -- and that's a fact Jack.

3. Klickrolf

Klickrolf Active Member

Here's another good read, provided by "China University of Geosciences".

This is read only and will take a while, worth your time if you're interested. Lots of reasonable data interpretation and lots of supporting links. No predictions here other than things might not be the way we're told to believe.
    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1674987116300305

Alex MacDonald likes this.
  4. spadebit

spadebit Active Member

I did recently read that some expedition is surrounded by multiple polar bears in the artic and can't continue their research... How can this be? For years I've heard they'd be extinct by now. I dont know what to believe anymore.

5. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald that's His Lordship, to you.....

you'll find the answer contained within the groups who made the initial claim...... It's hilarious how "global warming" warriors always try to impeach research by looking at their funding, but never do it to their "own".

What this shows is, that the bears are adaptable, and fully capable of hunting land-dwelling creatures. On the other hand, maybe they just developed a taste for borscht.

freestoneangler likes this.
  6. Golden Trout

Why should they be forced to adapt? I see no humor in having to swim countless miles to finally land on an island that is too hot for their species and eventually die. This is pure and simple bullshit from corporate entities who care only for profit and fuck the environment, you, and I! You seem to be able to get away with political rants. That said , I am scared more than ever before in my life as to the possible presidential outcomes. I get to fish a flowing stream that has water cool enough and have go to another country to do it. This i do for five days each year. Listen to what others are saying: "bring your own water", "I've never seen this stream this low before", "the water is warmer than I've ever seen before". Fish kills, hoot owl closures, and now river shut downs. Seriously, Alex, I don't give the slightest shit if you .choose not to listen to volumes of peer revised evidence. But you are too intelligent a person to dismiss the real signs of global warming all around us and stated over and over again by people seeing and stating the reality as it transpires right before their eyes!

dfl likes this.
  7. Alex MacDonald

Pity the facts don't bear out-no pun intended-your claims...... We completely disagree about the root cause of "global warming": you think it's humans, I think it's not. And there's a ton of research to buttress my opinions as well, it's just that you refuse to consider it. Whatever. Our water here is flowing nicely, the snowpack was above normal, temperatures were lower than the warmists predicted here, and their panicked claims of armageddon have failed to come to fruition.

Your political rants are not based in fact. You can cherry pick this all you want, but you have zero PROOF of anthropogenic global heating. You refuse to accept that the climate of the planet has never been "stable", and has been in flux for 4.5 billion years. It will continue to be in flux for the next 4.5 billion years. You demand we change our lifestyles to fit your assessment, and try to guilt/shame/embarrass us into accepting "your" side's opinion. No thanks; I'm not buying into it. We have a dipshit "president" and his cronies who think maybe they can use the RICO statutes to go after people who don't toe the party line, and I have an M-4 which says "good luck". I believe-note I said "believe"-we're in a cultural war that will pretty soon break out into open warfare. I'd truly not like to see that, but unless things change, we're going to be at each other's throats-literally. You want a concrete example? I'm firmly in that "basket of deplorables" that the democrat candidate mentions. Good. C'est mon honore d'etre une "deplorable"!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    Gene S likes this.
  8. Philonius

Philonius Active Member

Dude. Before you go off on the "basket of deplorables" comment as inciting violence, how about we consider DumFuk's suggestions about how to deal with supreme court nominations to the second amendment folks? Sheesh.

dfl likes this.
  9. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

I knew this forum would go down the political crapper sooner or later. I actually figured it would be sooner though.

Alex MacDonald likes this.
  10. Golden Trout

The facts do bear themselves out.

But if those facts alone don't scare you, University of Alberta biologist Andrew Derocher's newest research may do it.

According to his study, glacier melt is forcing polar bears into the water where they must swim for days at a time to find solid ground. And while polar bears are adept swimmers, they are not evolutionarily equipped to tackle such long distances.

Derocher and his team began tracking the swimming patterns of bears near Alaska and Canada in 2004. Twelve years later, the results are in: By 2012, the number of bears swimming more than 31 miles grew from 25% to 69%. With no ice to land on, one mother bear in particular had swum without stopping for nine days, losing 22% of her body weight and her cub along the way.

11. Alex MacDonald

you DO realize this has been debunked? that the bears died in a storm? Probably not. All the planet's creatures have gone through epochs of "adaptation". Some have succeeded, some not. Those which did not adapt, became extinct. All in all, there have been at least 5 mass extinctions on the planet; the last one ending the reign of the sauropods 65 million years ago, now attributed to both the meteor strike and the activation of many of the planet's supervolcanoes.

12. Alex MacDonald

Dude...I've put up with being spat on, flipped off, denigrated, put down, told I was a "bitter clinger", deplorable, racist, sexist, zenophobic, misogynistic, and "mean-spirited" ad nauseum. It took an act of fucking CONGRESS to get people to hire us after Viet Nam, we were so well loved when we returned. If you believe Trump was suggesting we "2nd Amendment" people would resort to violence to support the Amendment, you're a few beers short of a six-pack. There are approximtely 270 MILLION gun owners in this country. If we tended to violence, you'd know it!

13. Philonius

Philonius Active Member

We emphatically DO tend to violence:

10, 195 gun deaths so far this year.
    21,228 injuries
    223 mass shootings

http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

Anyone who claims that citing second amendment solutions isn't inciting violence....... I don't even know what to say. You yourself frequently seem to fantasize about the need to shoot some deserving low life. Another human being. It isn't normal.

Over and out.

14. Klickrolf

Klickrolf Active Member

Cold climates have killed more people than humans shooting guns with the intent to kill! Actually, that could be wrong but I'm pretty confident that governments have killed more people than either individuals with guns or climate. The second amendment exists to protect the people from a tyrannical government. We don't need guns to understand climate or tyranny but we do need guns to object.

15. Golden Trout

I assume you are referring to the canadian researcher who's so-called study groups are being questioned. Nevertheless, the accounts of the long swims remain true as do the bears not being able to tolerate foreign climates. Not sure why you would site adaptation caused by catastrophic events when we are now referring to man-caused adaptation???