Rainland Fly Casters of Oregon and Washington

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by KaddisKyle, Feb 13, 2010.

1. KaddisKyle

KaddisKyle New Member

The Rainland Fly Casters of Oregon and Washington has a new website! Please add this site to your favorites and come down to a meeting in Astoria.

www.rainlandflycasters.com

The RFC is a nonprofit organization with a mission to:

Cultivate and advance the art, science and sport of fly fishing

To protect and enhance fish species through environmental actions,

To be a voice for organized fly fishing,

To promote conservation of recreational resources,

To facilitate and improve the knowledge of fly fishing,

To elevate the standard of integrity, honor and courtesy of anglers,

- - - - - - - - - and

To cherish the spirit of fellowship among anglers everywhere.

Club meetings consist of special programs on fly fishing, fly tying, and conservation. We also have a "Tie with a Master" program. Anyone who would like to learn how to tie a specific fly pattern is invited to tie along with the master. Just bring your own fly tying tools and the club provides the needed materials for that evening's flies. Please join us for our regular club meetings held on the third Thursday of each month in the American Legion's basement, 1132 Exchange St. in Astoria, at 6:30 PM. You are also welcome to have dinner with us before the meeting at 5:00 PM at Andrew & Steve’s Restaurant.

2. Jim Kerr

Jim Kerr Active Member

Another great thing about Astoria! This sounds great guys. I have spent tons of time in Astoria the last couple of years and found great fishing, hunting, and one of the best archery ranges I have ever shot at. Good work guys!

3. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide.

Cranberry Country...a glorified coastal swamp!
    Thanks! I have your club's book. Great collection of patterns for the NW coastal areas. I refer to it often.

I've thought about moving to Astoria, except it gets a lot of fog. I get enough fog here already in Grayland (aka the "Land of Gray"), but whenever I need more, I just head down to Astoria until I've had enuff.:clown:
    Hah, ground fog usually means its not going to rain, so its a good thing! Ocean fog means the water is cooler than the air, which is a good thing! Early morning river fog is mystical to paddle in, which can be good as long as you don't get run over by a power boat! Fog keeps some of the hordes away. Another good thing!

Ahhhh, the wonders of fog. On second thought, l might just want to relocate to where there's more of it!