rear deck

Ed Call

Bucks, good product. I had to search through that website for a bit before I found it, but I am glad I did. I think you are on to something. I have some metal mesh like that, but this might be lighter weight.

Here is the link to the specific product I found.
http://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplie...01&langId=-1&division=FarmTek&productId=20251

If you get some, let us know how you like it, what its weight bearing capacity seems to be. It being 4' wide by 2' should allow it to rest across the frame and onto the pontoons. The square mesh should allow a myriad of tie down points. Cool.

I have the same Bucks boat and I built a custom frame extension with some stainless tubing and some diamond plate. I used an electrical conduit bender to bend the tubing and a rivet gun to rivet the diamond plate to it. The extension slides right into the existing frame and clips on with clevis-style clips. It works awesome...I use it it put large totes, dry bags, etc for longer trips. It would be easy to mount a motor or anchor to it as well. PM me if you want more pics or details.
Mike, that is very nice. Does it make you back heavy or out of balance?

Kent Lufkin

Remember when you could remember everything?
Mike, that is very nice. Does it make you back heavy or out of balance?
That's the $64 question whenever one adds additional weight to the back of the boat, either in camping gear, kids or dog. While most boats will allow you some wiggle room in trimming the frame fore or aft relative to the pontoons, others like the Scaddens, with their asymmetrical D rings along the 'toons, are much harder to trim. My Skykomish Sunrise let's me adjust the frame about 2-3" in total fore and aft movement while my Osprey frame on Maxxon tubes can move up to a couple feet.

K

Ed Call

iagree
Kent speaks wisdom! Some modifications might require creative moving of the frame on toons, seats on frame and footpegs on frames. I've been lucky my toons have allowed me all the flexibility I've needed so far.

When I add a trolling motor or cooler or to my southfork I do have the ability to shift the frame forward about as far as I want. Since MikeStarks was on a Bucks I figure he has the ability to do the same thing.

Bucks, good product. I had to search through that website for a bit before I found it, but I am glad I did. I think you are on to something. I have some metal mesh like that, but this might be lighter weight.

Here is the link to the specific product I found.
http://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplie...01&langId=-1&division=FarmTek&productId=20251

If you get some, let us know how you like it, what its weight bearing capacity seems to be. It being 4' wide by 2' should allow it to rest across the frame and onto the pontoons. The square mesh should allow a myriad of tie down points. Cool.
Hey Mumbles, give up on this stuff. It says: "not recommended for turkeys":rofl:

Wayne