Recipes Website

GAT

Dumbfounded
Hah! I found a problem with the hi-tech recipe sites -- they don't include patterns I use that are well known in these parts.

For example: No Purple Joe, No Borden Special ... yet my book of 1,000 pattern recipes does include those flies. I didn't check any others because if the sites don't include those two, chances are, they are missing a lot.

So.... guess I won't be burning my pattern books anytime soon.

Thomas Williams

Habitual Line Stepper
Gene this thousand recipe book you have...is it made by you or was it a purchase? I wouldn't mind having a book like that. I've also found the website lacks a lot of the step by steps. Recipes are great but sometimes the SBS teaches me tricks and techniques.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

Ben Swaner

The interwebs seems to work for me. Never had a problem finding patterns I'm interested in tying. I usually look at a pattern and let my imagination run from there...Books are super helpful and great references but I'm to cheap! Between Instagram, Facebook, and misc. websites there's more than I can handle.

GAT

Dumbfounded
Gene this thousand recipe book you have...is it made by you or was it a purchase? I wouldn't mind having a book like that. I've also found the website lacks a lot of the step by steps. Recipes are great but sometimes the SBS teaches me tricks and techniques.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2
Thomas, nope I didn't write the book -- taking all the photos would have been a bitch! It doesn't have much in the way of step by step but just the recipes -- which is normally what I'm looking for. It was written by Randle Scott Stetzer

Here's a link to the book.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=stripbooks&field-keywords=1000 fly patterns

(I'm not pushing Amazon.com, it simply shows the book... you can probably buy it just about anywhere that sells flyfishing books.)