Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Redington Warranty - Best customer service around

4K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  Dan Page 
#1 ·
Walked into Sage today to ask if they could fix my leaky Redington Sonic Pro waders which I have had for about a year and a half. They sprung a small leak in the right foot yesterday. Of course, right away they sent up a Redington wader person and gave me a new pair. No questions asked, a brand new pair. I've always had this excellent service with my Sage rods, but have not had to return any Redington products yet. What a company.

#12 ·
I met this crazy hot chick on the river last year, she was sporting all Sage/Redington gear and nothing else.

One thing led to another, her gear came off, and we ended up rolling around naked. Soon thereafter I came down with the clap. I sent them a email explaining my dilemma, and they covered all of my medical bills and sent me to a safe sex seminar.

Customer for LIFE!!!

#13 ·
Far Bank now owns Sage, Redington and Rio. It appears that they know the best advertising they can do is to make their customers happy and positive word of mouth is worth more than what they pay for ads.

The most successful outdoor equipment companies figured this out long ago.

Think about it. How much does it really cost a company to replace a product (at their cost) compared to what they pay for advertising?

#16 ·
Markups might be insane, but any product is only worth what people are willing to pay for it. I own Sage and Reddington products. It wasn't that long ago that Reddington was considered mid to "low end"... But they make a good product and stand behind it. Like any company, they will ultimately charge what the market will pay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.