Report: MA11

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by John Weston, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Brooks Werner

Brooks Werner Member

Lighthouse park is it. There is a sign at the end of the park. There used to be a spot where you could carry in a small boat just to the north but that may be posted now. The homes own to the mean low water mark I believe, so no beach access.

2. John Weston

John Weston Member

there is a school about 2 blocks away you can park. we got there today at 4:30am and parked on the road off the pavement just to the left of the small walkin gate. my buddy said the sheriff said we could walk in at 4:30 am and so we did and no ticket and they weren't there . fishing was very slow, saw about 4 fish landed and a few unhooked. nope we didn't get a bite. will be back Sun. and don't take my parking spot.
    Outlaw

KevinLS and Kcahill like this.
  3. John Weston

John Weston Member

man, what a bummer. nada, no fish. saw only 2 landed early this morn. a lot of us was packing it in at 9am and heading home.
    I thru buzz bombs, pink jigs, pink woolly buggers, pink bunnys, pink turds. but I did catch a little 5" cut. got em on the beach, spit the hook out at me and flopped back in the water. we were all cracking up on the beach.
    well, will be back at em next week. where is that hurd, ya can't hide 700,000 pinks that's for sure. oh well, time will tell.
    Outlaw :eek:

4. Thomas Williams

Thomas Williams Habitual Line Stepper

I fished dash and browns point today from my buddy's boat. Not a single tug.

5. FerrousTortoise

FerrousTortoise Hana Pa`a

Fishing's seems to have been slow all over. I saw only 2 fish hooked on a MA10 beach yesterday and my buddy said it was the same today.

6. John Weston

John Weston Member

so where to about 7 million pinks hide? that's the ? for today. nope, no prizes for the best answer.
    Outlaw;)

7. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Looks like the pink run might be a bust this year. What a bummer.

Pat Lat likes this.
  8. hikepat

hikepat Patrick

Not hot and heavy fishing but still fish to be had, got one slow cooking now. I have hooked into something each trip out though not heavy numbers. Yesterday the fish were all over but hiding in the salad making it hard to get unfouled fly in front of them. The one thing I am not seeing is any bait fish around which might explain the fish not staying around long and they are likley feeding on things floating with the seaweed.

9. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

I've been quite successful finding the silvers in MA9, but haven't seen many pinks. Some would say that would mean I have been doubly succesfull. lol Me, I wanna find some pinks to play around with....Though preferably after limiting on silvers :D

10. plaegreid

plaegreid Saved by the buoyancy of citrus

I managed 2 pinks today in MA11; one on a spoon, one on a buzz bomb (forgive me father, for I have chucked gear). Tried flies and actually got a hookup, but I didn't qualify for the rodeo with that one. Had to put the hours in for those fish though, 6am to noon. Did see a couple nice kings come in off of boats, one was 17 lbs on the scale. Woof.

11. GANDERWITZ

GANDERWITZ Member

Gonna hit BP this morning for a bit. I will tell you how it goes. Saw a big king brought in last night in the 15-18 lb range. Brought back some motivation. Anyone else headed out this morning?

12. Thomas Williams

I'm picking up my Beulah 6wt this week so if anyone wants to meet up and fish that would be great. I have limited experience targeting salmon from the beach and really want to get one.

13. GANDERWITZ

GANDERWITZ Member

No love at bp.... Saw 1 pink landed in 4 hours....

14. John Weston

John Weston Member

well that was pretty good with the answers, but do you really think the pinks would be hiding in the salad on an incoming tide? I sure don't know. I guess there were 4 pinks caught and about 3 or 4 come unhooked.
    your right about no bait fish swimming as I haven't seen any either. I do see some seals about 200 yards out, could that be keeping em out farther but then there were a lot of boat around from Dash point then coming down to BP and I didn't see any nets out.
    if they do show up then where are they now? staging way out and deep and eating or what?
    I guess we will all wait and see. thanks guys and tight lines to all.

Outlaw :confused:

15. Thomas Williams

I'm thinking they are further south now. Ill let you know I'm gonna fish MA 13 this weekend