Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Report on Distinguished Gentlemans Ride

NFR 
1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  GAT 
#1 ·
Now that I've thawed out from a chilly Distinguished Gentlemans Ride I can now post some photos and share the ride with you all. It was 48 degrees when I took off and a wool vest and sport coat are far from wind proof. When I arrived at Smarty Pants I found a sunny spot to warm my bones. There were about 90 or so riders of all sorts from Harley bobbers to dirt bikes to mopeds and every type of classic and cafe racer in between.

Our route took us from Georgetown to Lake Washington, over to the sound at Discovery Park, and returned into the city and the Fuse Box. Once there we dined on pulled pork sandwiches and ales. A fitting and well needed lunch. With a full belly and a smile on my face I headed north to home and my easy chair.

The weather was bright and sunny albeit still chilly. Next year I'm finding a more wind resistant option for my attire.

The organizers did a great job with the route and planning as usual. Our congratulations to Eric Carlson and his gang.

I want to thank all of you from this community that gave generously to this cause. To date approximately $2.7 million was raised world wide. Seattle raised $14 thousand.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.