Request for help recovering payment or rod from NewTyer1 aka Scott Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

jersey

livin' the dream
UNCLE

Since, you failed the "smell test" a while back, Scott, you DB, it's time to move forward.

Going the other way on this... Would someone please put me in touch with an organization where I can help out with Vets? Tying, casting, rod-building, fishing, cooking, whatever...I will step-up to volunteering supporting guys who faced and are facing things I have not.

Please fire off some contacts where I can help and or other resources where help is needed.

Hope others to follow.

Had a few minutes to kill so I googled him. Banned from a few boards and crazy busy in the classified sections in others. While re-reading part of this thread I noticed a "Banned or Parked" label on his avatar. Part of me says good riddance and glad we're done with him. Another part says he is still a problem, just not to us. I had a Top that was fond of saying, "If you're not part of the solution then you're part of the problem." Maybe by tomorrow this won't seem like such a big deal and I'll regret posting this, but right now I wonder what if anything could/should be done to warn fellow anglers and worthwhile organizations elsewhere.

rainbow

My name is Mark Oberg
UNCLE

Since, you failed the "smell test" a while back, Scott, you DB, it's time to move forward.

Going the other way on this... Would someone please put me in touch with an organization where I can help out with Vets? Tying, casting, rod-building, fishing, cooking, whatever...I will step-up to volunteering supporting guys who faced and are facing things I have not.

Please fire off some contacts where I can help and or other resources where help is needed.

Hope others to follow.
I'm down, make good of a bad situation. Lets turn this puppy around boy's and gal's.
AKA Jerry Daschofsky
PHWFF NW Region
C/O Jerry Daschofsky
25902 70th Avenue East
Graham, WA 98338

rockthief

^ me and Bridger
Had a few minutes to kill so I googled him. Banned from a few boards and crazy busy in the classified sections in others. While re-reading part of this thread I noticed a "Banned or Parked" label on his avatar. Part of me says good riddance and glad we're done with him. Another part says he is still a problem, just not to us. I had a Top that was fond of saying, "If you're not part of the solution then you're part of the problem." Maybe by tomorrow this won't seem like such a big deal and I'll regret posting this, but right now I wonder what if anything could/should be done to warn fellow anglers and worthwhile organizations elsewhere.
Thom, I went to his facebook page and it is loaded with fly fishing organizations. The guy must do nothing but spend time online. OH, he also has a camping trailer, has money for vacation to Germany...

bigdood

fishing hack
Got some reels with line and all and will be sending to Jerry. Fellas we have some lemonade to make. We have the lemons. We just need a hell of a lot of sugar. Let's do it.
Paul
Was actually thinking this. If every disgusted, pissed off person like myself in this 7 page long thread donated just a few hours or dollars....

rainbow

My name is Mark Oberg
Like I said, "I'm down" I got like a few thousand or so surplus fly's and some reels I will send. Set a good example and others will follow. There isent a better bunch of guy's and gal's out there then on this forum. We could make a huge impact. And correct the wrong of others, Lets tip the scale.

Lugan

Joe Streamer
...right now I wonder what if anything could/should be done to warn fellow anglers and worthwhile organizations elsewhere.
Yeah, if you are active on any other fishing forum, tell that forum about this guy! I did so at Fiberglass Flyrodders, and my post got a few responses indicating he had scammed folks there too. Some of them in turn posted on this WFF thread. That, my friends, is social networking put to good use!

http://fiberglassflyrodders.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=42971

rockthief

^ me and Bridger
Yeah, if you are active on any other fishing forum, tell that forum about this guy! I did so at Fiberglass Flyrodders, and my post got a few responses indicating he had scammed folks there too. Some of them in turn posted on this WFF thread. That, my friends, is social networking put to good use!

http://fiberglassflyrodders.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=42971
He is banned there as he should be and at flyanglers online which is where he attempted to gain favor and equipment at the expense of a good and heartfelt man who deserved the equipment.
Doubt that PHW will be overwhelmed with gifts. Better yet that they would be. How grand would that be? We all have a dollar or a reel or a rod or feathers and thread or a vise we can spare. Cheers and good fishing to my Washington brethren. Oh hell, yes I am a Duck but hey, feathers is feathers. And I lived in Olympia ages ago so I suppose there is a dog or big cat hair on me somewhere. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.