Rocky Ford is fishing good!

Discussion in 'Trip Reports with Pics' started by jeubanks, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Irafly

Irafly Indi "Ira" Jones

Oldman,

The fish in the Ford are far from wild. Most are stocked in there the size you end up catching them. Even so why mess more with the fish than need be?

Ira..

2. William Wallace

William Wallace Active Member

I love this site. You never know if someone is pulling your leg or telling the truth. That is what makes a good fisherman. You do not have to catch a fish to have a great story.

3. rwbailey05

rwbailey05 GO COUGS

Anybody hit up Rocky Ford the past two weeks?

4. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

I was there yesterday and the fishing was great, my hook setting sucked. Only C&Red one, broke off one, LDRed a couple more. Cloudy skies=hard to see.
    I didn't see anyone else catch a fish and there were plenty of other fishers.

5. Timsan

Timsan Member

Rocky Ford needs to be closed for a year or two to clean it up.

First time I went there was when I was maybe 14 and it was a blast the first 2-3 times I have been, but the 4th and 5th time I was more aware of the garbage laying around and the fish that have been snagged and tired from being pulled around and played way too long.

6. Michael&Tanner

Michael&Tanner Sir Real

My girlfriend needs to be Yakima on Sunday morning, so we're heading out early Saturday.

I'm hoping to hit Rocky Ford Sunday a.m. I've never fished it, so if anybody feels like coming out, I'd be happy to meet you, and fish for a couple hours.

- Michael

7. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Old Man, are you still keeping the folks at Grandma's store in business buying diet pepsi? I meant to ask them about you last fall when we passed through Silverstar. How's the early spring fishing been over there -- any chinook spring days yet?

8. Troutrageous

Troutrageous Active Member

Dunno about the rest of you, but I'd be more likely to take to a lesson from constructive criticism than biting sarcasm.

9. James Mello

James Mello Inventor of the "closed eye conjecture"

Hehehe, looks like you are new here?.... There were a couple of both constructive and biting.... You just need to assume the interwebs are a microcosom of the real world and accept the parts you do like and ignore the rest.

BTW, that *really* wasn't the best way of getting a good shot of the fish. I would highly recommend a long handled silicon net for the ford if you want good shots. Easier to land the fish, revive them, and keep you out of the water.

10. E'burg fisher

E'burg fisher Member

What a bunch of pricks! Thank goodness you guys are here to be the protectors of all that is good and finned. Anyone think maybe he's inexperienced and what a great opportunity it would be to drop him a PM with some helpful advice?

11. Bill Dodd

Bill Dodd Bill's in a time out.

iagree iagree iagree iagree iagree iagree iagree iagree iagree

Lighten up guys..

BD.

12. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man (NFR)

I don't drink Diet Pepsi. It was Diet Coke. And I don't live there anymore. I moved to Dillon.

It was 59 to 61 degrees yesterday. Depending on which Temp gauge you were looking at. Clear sky's with little to no wind. It's cloudy out today with no wind.

The Gal that runs that little store/post office was going to phase out the pop. Since I haven't been in there since last August I'm not sure if she carried out with it.

Jim

13. E'burg fisher

E'burg fisher Member

Thanks for the back up Bill. I heard they opened up Ringer. I'll probably float down to that "public pull out" past bighorn on Sunday.

14. Bill Dodd

Bill Dodd Bill's in a time out.

Brett.
    Yes MM 20 takeout..
    I hope you catch a ton of fish, Please let me know how you do.

BD.
    :thumb:

15. Jim Speaker

Jim Speaker Active Member

Home Page:
    That thread was months old, who dredged that up? The little sarcasm and shit would have done fine to teach him not to do that to fish, even hatchery drones. "Let it go..." people need to let it go already. This thread was so old I hadn't read it cuz I thought it was just another thread about the friggin' hatchery ditch.