Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Rod Rack

1K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  Justadd Water 
#1 ·
After years of having my fly rods leaning against the wall in a corner of the room, I decided I needed to do something about this and make a rod rack. I had some leftover wood from a recent project to make the rod rack from. However, looking around my man cave, I realized I had very little wall space for mounting a rod rack or even floor space. As I was grumbling how small my cave was and that we needed to move, my girlfriend says why don't you mount it on the door. At first I looked at her like "yeah right", but then the light bulb went on, it was a brilliant idea! So, here's my door-hung rod rack.

Here it is loaded with my Winstons: (3) - 9/6 BIIX, (3) - 8.5/5 WT & (2) - 9/6 GVX Select

Close-up of the felted-bottom holder:

Now to build three more to hang on the master bedroom door, her craft room door and the guest room door!

Mike

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks nice but even more impressive might be all the W. Green. I'm down to the 586-3 WT, but still, very fond of Winstons. Old school mostly. Not familiar with their current lineup.
Creative solution. Thanks for sharing. I'd have to tell Liz they are clothes hangars though ;-).

#11 ·
Since most of the time I return home in the dark summer or winter after fishing all day I have to straighten that mess of rods /lines in daylight plus gives both rods and reels time to dry before cleaning. Plus I fish with Bamboo rods you can play hard with them but never put away wet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.