Roger Stephen's Secrets Outed!

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by miyawaki, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Roger Stephens

Roger Stephens Active Member

Leland is away on a fishing trip to Ambergris this week so he wanted me to bump this thread.

There will be 12 flies of a new top water sand lance pattern that will be given away. Also, I just finished 23 pages of write-up and photographs that will be used as handouts. Hope to see some of you fellow WFF's there.

Roger

2. Bruce Baker

Bruce Baker Active Member

Roger,

I was hoping to make your talk, but it doesn't look like I'll be able to. Is there any way I can get a copy (pdf, powerpoint, or paper) of your handouts? If hard copies are the easiest or best option, I have no problem throwing a few greenbacks your way to cover postage, an envelope, and your time.

Thanks,

Bruce

3. Mike T

Mike T Active Member

I'm in the same boat with a last minute visit by family. I'd happily contribute to the cost!

4. Miller

Miller Member

I will be pouring a patio on saturday, but would have gone to this. Like the last two have said, would be nice get a copy of the handout if you dont mind. I still think the seminars would be a great weekday evening gig

5. Todd Connelly

Todd Connelly Member

My boys and I'll be making the pilgrimage. I invited my brother who lives in Toutle to come along. His son who lives right there in Bellevue may join us also.

Cheers....................Todd

6. Bob Jones

Bob Jones Still truckless now farther away

Last seen in Portland Or. via Tacoma,Puyallup, Wa.
    Roger, Here's another one who can't make it Saturday and would like o access your information if poaoible thanks I coould down load it and print it here..

7. Stephen Butter

Stephen Butter Member

As you would expect, Roger's presentation on salt water fly fishing on South Puget Sound at Orvis gathered a standing crowd. Great presentation Roger, thank you. I have a lot of fishing to do and learn from.

8. casaboba

casaboba Member

Roger's presentation was first rate. He taught us many insightful and secretive things. The best being his favorite fishing spots ;-). Thanks Roger, and also to Orvis & Leland for a VERY helpful presentation.

9. cabezon

cabezon Sculpin Enterprises

Let me add my thanks to the others who were fortunate to attend Roger's presentation. His new surface sand lance pattern looks killer. I'ld describe it to you, but then Roger would have to kill me.

Steve

10. Upton O

Upton O Blind hog fisherman

Home Page:
    Great presentation, I added a lot more information to my "SRC data base" for use starting this week. Of course, I knew I was out of luck on the draw for one of Roger's flies. I had number 13... Met some of the Forum guys and a few others as well. Truly enjoyed myself. Would have stayed longer but it's my wedding anniversary dinner night and had higher priorities.

11. Jim Riggins

Jim Riggins Member

I know this sounds stupid but what does PM mean? thanks Jim a Lewis River fly junkie

12. Todd Connelly

Todd Connelly Member

We had a great time. I/We really appreciate Mr Stephens eagerness to share his hard earned knowledge.

Now we just have to decide whether it's really practical to try to learn a new fishery like this from four hours away. I love a challenge. I love the fish, the beaches, the water, the smells of the salt. The distance, the press of people and the traffic....... not so much!

Thanks again!

Cheers..................Todd

13. Todd Connelly

Todd Connelly Member

Oh, and fishnrig. PM = "private message". If you click on a user name you can choose to send a private message to that person. And welcome! :)

Cheers...............Todd

14. Drag-Free Drift

Drag-Free Drift Member

It was a very useful and informative presentation, and there was no need to take notes. Mr. Stephens's voluminous handouts took care of that. Thanks, Roger, and thanks to the Orvis fly shop for providing the facilities.

15. Roger Stephens

Roger Stephens Active Member

I am glad that many of you have expressed your enjoyment of the presentation. It brings a smile to my face to know that the information was helpful. I apologize for being a little long winded at first and not hitting just the important points.

Steve(Cabezon) and Karl:

It was good talking to you both. I liked your posts razzing me about giving away fishing locations and keeping the Sand Lance Skater pattern under "wraps". Had a couple of good chuckles over that:D

Roger