Roll Call

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by stewart dee, Jan 27, 2011.

1. _WW_

_WW_ Geriatric Skagit Swinger

I will be working all weekend. Doesn't seem right to be harassing something about to go extinct...

2. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Thanks but I don't drink. Likely won't be anyone up there to give you a ticket for running the Sauk. Even if there were I am not sure the wardens are aware or care that it is illegal to run a motorized boat on that river. I may take WW up on working all weekend. I am to bummed for fishing anymore. Thinking of selling off everything to do with river fishing and head for the salt. We might have another 10 to 20 years of fishing the sound before it is closed to all fishing.

3. TomB

TomB Active Member

not legal. i wouldn't try it unless you want some complimentary ballast materials from the bank fishermen.

4. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

You know some of the crap spewed on this site is just that crap. What are you going to do? Shoot at the guy. That’s using your head. Are you going to throw rocks at him? That is really intelligent also. Or are you going to try and cast your lead weight into his boat? Good luck with that one. All of the above could be considered assault with intent to do harm. Not that any of the Skagit sled jockeys would call the cops on you but I do know of a few that would stop and kick you sorry ass all the way back to Seattle.

5. TomB

TomB Active Member

I'm not even going be up there Kerry, nor would I ever think about doing any of the things you suggested, I'm just saying that some folks up there may not take too kindly to jet boating on the sauk....whether it is throwing rocks, or as HAS ALREADY HAPPENED in the past, sawing up a trailer, jet boating the sauk is risking more than a ticket. Oh and one more thing. You can bet that people willing to cut up a trailer don't ask whether you are from skidrow wooley or seattle before they do it.

6. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Tom, the Skagit is not the OP. The Skagit is a sled river and has been for a long time. Sorry be the fool that screws with someone trailer, rig or thinks he can get away with chucking shit at boats. We have been running sleds up the Sauk for 30 years. It has only recently be ruled illegal and I can honestly tell you that there are many that will and do ignore the law. No one with half a brain is going to saw up a trailer. If you know someone that is stupid enough to try it or thinks he is going to get away with throwing things at boats you had better warn them they could pay a heavy price.

7. Rimmy

Rimmy Member

I here that you may be right ! the reason I keep bring up the sled in the sauk is because I don't think that they have the right to stop me. Yes they have the right to stop me from fishing from the boat but that is all. Read this and let me know what you think.

Who owns the rivers in Washington http://www.nationalrivers.org/states/wa-law.htm

8. TomB

TomB Active Member

The link you posted is likely irrelevant to anyone enforcing rules, and certainly to those described in my previous post.
    For reference, below the regs clearly state no Internal Combustion Motors prohibited.

SAUK RIVER (Skagit/Snohomish Co.)
    from mouth to Darrington Bridge
    (828)
    All Game Fish First Sat. in June-Apr. 30 Catch-and-release except up to 2 hatchery STEELHEAD may be
    retained. Selective gear rules. First Sat. in June-Feb. 28: Internal
    combustion motors prohibited.
    Hilt, White, and Dan's creeks
    (Skagit/Snohomish Co.)
    All Game Fish First Sat. in June-Oct. 31 Catch-and-release except up to 2 hatchery STEELHEAD may be
    retained. Selective gear rules.
    SAUK RIVER (Skagit/Snohomish Co.)
    from Darrington Bridge to Whitechuck
    River (828)
    All Game Fish First Sat. in June-Feb. 28 Catch-and-release except up to 2 hatchery STEELHEAD may be
    retained. Selective gear rules. Internal combustion motors prohibited.
    Clear Creek (Snohomish Co.) above
    Asbestos Creek Falls
    All Game Fish First Sat. in June-Oct. 31 Statewide min. size/daily limit.
    SAUK RIVER (Skagit/Snohomish
    Co.) from Whitechuck River upstream,
    including NORTH FORK and SOUTH
    FORK to Elliott Creek (828)
    All Game Fish First Sat. in June-Oct. 31 Catch-and-release except up to 2 hatchery STEELHEAD may be
    Falls, Cadet, Elliott creeks
    (Snohomish Co.)
    All Game Fish First Sat. in June-Oct. 31 Statewide minimum size/daily limit. Selective gear rules.
    Sloan Creek (Snohomish Co.) All Game Fish First Sat. in June-Oct. 31 Catch-and-release. Selective gear rules.
    SAUK RIVER, SOUTH FORK
    (Snohomish Co.) above Elliott Creek
    (828)
    All Game Fish First Sat. in June-Aug. 31 Catch-and-release except up to 2 hatchery STEELHEAD may be

9. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Home Page:
  10. stewart dee

stewart dee Guest

He that was the guide service I seen last weekend out on the water. Those guys are hardcore! We cut his trailer into pieces - lol. But serious who would cut up someones trailer? You would need a hot saw and some time (like 2 hrs). The stories just get deeper and deeper around here.

11. constructeur

constructeur Active Member

Like so Stewie?

[​IMG]

Lowholers recognize!?!

12. stewart dee

stewart dee Guest

Yeah just like so. Better if Bo Bo was there to help.

13. Luke77

Luke77 I hope she likes whitefish

I read on another forum that a guy got his trailer stolen from the Kalama. They had to have used a torch because he said the lock didn't have enough room to get a saw between. I guess it was taken within an hour and a half time period. Scary.

14. Andrew Lawrence

Andrew Lawrence Active Member

Cut up trailer? That's a first. However, I have heard of people returning to the boat launch, only to discover that their trailer tires had been slashed.

15. Rimmy

Rimmy Member

Thanks Tom for the info I think we all know the rules. I just Questions if the game dept has the right to make there own rules over the state on navigable water way.