S. Sound reports?

ibn

Anyone been fishing the sound lately?

I hit browns point 3 times last week after work with nothing to show but a sculpin and some cool sunset pics. Have any of you run into any resident silvers yet?

Attachments

RedFive

Dude,
It sucks here at the Narrows, too. A few of us were out on Saturday and Sunday and only pulled a few fish off the beach. Hard work (or maybe just luck).

There is another option, I think. Which is where you come in... :) E-mail me about it. BTW, are you ready for squidding again?

Quite a few within 20 feet. Still others out to 100. Some large sea-lions and a few harbor seals were keeping them in relatively close. I talked to Jamie and we talked about going Sat morning. but have company coming on Saturday so I'm up in the air. Meaning Ill see ya early.

I hit Kopachuck on Saturday morning and found some fish working just at the edge of casting range. I managed 3 hook-ups and a few other hits but couldn't land a fish. Was at Titlow earlier but saw nothing happening there, figured it probably needed a few more weeks.

The Narrows should be turning on about now, last year things were pretty good at this time.

Tim

Ringlee

Doesn't care how you fish Moderator
Getting back to Gig Harbor on friday. I will go drive my duroboat around by the fox island bridge and Fish off my beach. My friends fishing there tommarrow and I will talk to him. I will give you guys a report.

Just a update went to Docs place today and fished the outgoing tide through the afternoon. I fished from the park all the way down up to point Evans The whole time there I saw 4 fish jump No bumps no bits no action. I left there and went to Purdy for some more casting practice:beathead:

ibn

Anyone been out recently?

I hit a local beach this evening for about 30 minutes, I happened to have my rod/reel and a couple clausers stuck in the roof of my truck, so I made a quick pit stop on the way home to wet my line. Managed to land 2 sculpin! No signs of resident silvers though. This time last year was poppin.

Ringlee

The wind was bloing all day and I didnt want to venture out. If it is a little nicer tommarrow and less wind I will head on out in my boat. During those foggy calm days, it was pretty good fishing.

Ringlee

Fished the closest spot to my house which tons of people know about. Fished the last 2 hours of the incoming tide. The water was a little murky from the creeks right around there. Started out fishing searching patterns and hooked 3 and lost them. Worked the beach doing that and then throw on a dry fly for awhile and back tracked and hooked 1 small fish and quick released him. Then right as it started to pour down rain I was stripping in and I got a real nice boil. So I stayed for a little while longer but nothing was interested. Good to get back on the water!