Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

sage 389 LL 2 piece blank with cork and seat. Free. Loomis blank too.

Rod Building 
1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Philster 
#1 ·
Just come pick them up. Priority to names I recognize... You may want to strip the cork and blank on the sage. I was walking someone through building it and they lost interest. Not a very professional job. If you know old sages you know this is one of their legendary dry fly rods.

As to the loomis, it was given to me 15 years ago. I think it was a six weight 9 foot 2 piece. It is a brown blank.

#9 ·
Oh, yeah, gonna send the one off (loomis) to one of my soldiers to finish up and fish with some other rod building stuff I had. I may refinish the LL for a backup rod for the soldiers I take fishing. Not sure yet. Either way, it'll be in a vets hands. :)

#10 ·
Yup. I want to apologize to those who were interested. I went to the classifieds AFTER I posted here and made the book post. I saw Jerry's post about PHW. I haven't been around online for a couple years due to health reasons, and the last time I was around my uneducated view of PHW was it was Jerry teaching some fly tying. I had no idea it was multi-state, and that he could use books and other supplies.

Jerry, you'll also be getting some fishable rods. I have a 6 and 8 weight Fenwick eagles. They were first generation mass produced graphites, and are aboslutely bullet proof, and super forgiving to beginners.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.