Sage VPS 896-2

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Itchy Dog, Jan 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Itchy Dog

Itchy Dog Some call me Kirk Werner

Home Page:
    OK, I tried this on eBay but the re-listing fees rub me the wrong way, so here it is, again,
    price lowered.

9 foot 6 inch 8wt for chasing steel and the like.

The VPS is built on the same blank as the RPL, so you know it's a peach of a rod. It's got a medium-fast action by the latest standards, loads up really well, has a lot of power to throw line. I used an 8 wt line on it, but I've read that many like to overline the VPS/RPL by one weight.

I literally used this rod 3 times so the cork shows just a little discoloration. Otherwise absolutely perfect condition. Comes with the factory tube, sock, and blank warranty card.

I got a two hander to buy, so someone's going get a great new 8 wt rod for a really good price of $250. If local prefer to meet but will ship at your cost.

Attached Files:

2. Itchy Dog

Home Page:
    Hey Itchy,

That sounds like a great stick at a great price. Does it come with the warranty card?
    Why you selling it?

3. Itchy Dog

Home Page:
    Read the ad, moron. Yes, it comes with a blank warranty card, and I am selling it because I want to get a two-hander.

Any other questions?

4. Islander

Islander Steve

Hey ID, Answering your own ad is like those famous athletes that talk about themselves in the third person. It is a great deal on a great rod. I'd buy it, but I just bought a Xi2 in 8wt.

5. Itchy Dog

Home Page:
    Islander, the Itchy Dog appreciates the sentiments and regrets that he can't entice you to buy his VPS. He would, however, urge you to consider the need for a backup 8 wt.

6. Itchy Dog

Home Page:
    Word has it the price has been dropped to $200.
    That's insane.

7. Itchy Dog

Home Page:
    (I feel like I'm talkin' to myself, which essentially is what I'm doing)

Someone has got to have a need for a nice 8 wt- someone who doesn't care if it's a 2 piece rod. Unless you're going to hop on a Dehavilland Beaver and fly into a remote BC river, a 2 piece is actually just two less sections to worry about coming loose.

I've made the acquisition of a 2 hander already, so this rod has got to go. Come on, don't make me beg.

8. Jeff Hale

Jeff Hale B.I.G.F.F.

Dear Mr. Itchy Dog-

Your recent unusual behavior of talking to yourself and answering your own questions, has led me to believe that you may be suffering from Multiple Personality Rod Disorder. Please do not be alarmed, I too have been a victim and have found help through the "Trade Your Current Rod For A Different Rod" program. This program is medically proven to alleviate said symptoms by fooling the left and right hemispheres of the cerebral cortex, via the Corpus Collasum (Also known as W.I.F.E.), into believing you actually have SOLD an old rod when in fact you have just really aquired a different rod. If you are interested in a possible session/treatment, please contact me by PM. Thanks very much for your time and I hope you feel better soon.

Dr. Ima Qu. Ack

9. Itchy Dog

Home Page:
    Gonna try some reverse psychology here (I've heard it can be effective).

I no longer want to sell the rod. If you want it you have to cage-fight me for it, and even when you force me to tap out, the price of the rod will have gone back up to $250.

Anyone interested now? :D

10. spanishfly

spanishfly Steelberg

Not interested in the cage fight as I just finished training GSP in this past weekends ass whooping but I got an idear! Take it to the fly show this weekend and advertise it. People walk around the gun shows advertising weapons for sale all the time. Why not put a 'for sale' sign on the tube??? Plenty of people will be there that are not members of WFF and may be looking for a discontinued VPS. Great rods!

Also, call Creekside. They may still take it in as a trade for your future switch.

Good luck

11. Itchy Dog

Home Page:
    Great idea- have seen those independent gun sellers before and thought that was pretty clever. Unfortunately I can't attend the show. Hey Dennis, maybe you'd take a $5 commission to pedal my wares for me? ; )

12. spanishfly

spanishfly Steelberg

Curt, for you I would do it for free! Unfortunately or fortunately I'm floating the Yak Saturday and Sunday is the honey do list... I'll swing by Creekside and ask them about consignments.

Dennis

13. Itchy Dog

Home Page:
    Let's give this another bump, shall we?

14. NE Wisconsin

NE Wisconsin New Member

Not sure if this is still for sale....let me know if it is....am interested.

Thanks,
    Paul

15. Itchy Dog

Home Page:
    Paul,

sent you a PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.