Sage Xi2 vs. G Loomis Cross Current opinions??

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by bjgavin, Jan 16, 2008.

1. bjgavin

bjgavin Member

I am looking to pick up a rod for a bonefish outing while on vacation in Mexico. These are two of the rods I am seriously considering. I haven't had a chance to cast either but am hoping to before I make my final decision. Before that, does anyone have any experience with one/both of these rods? If so, your thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers,

BJ

2. Richard E

Richard E Active Member

Wow, this is a tough one. It's like comparing BMW to Lexus, Mercedes to BMW, Lexus to Mercedes. You get the picture; they're both great performers, offered by great companies with great warranty and service, and while similar are yet different.

Both of these rod models are wonderful sticks, and you should be happy with either. If someone laid them on the counter, and said I had to choose one, I'd probably pick the Cross Current. Or, maybe the Xi2. No, probably the Cross Current. But maybe not. :thumb: You understand . . .

I have a GLX 8 weight 4 piece 9' stick that I've used for a wide variety of species. It's probably the best overall rod that I own. A buddy of mine that has borrowed it for many bonefish trips and continues to borrow it for his bonefish trips feels similarly . . . ;)

3. ibn

ibn Moderator

Home Page:
    Can't go wrong with either, I've used them both many times, great sticks. I usually favor my GLX x-current. I would cast them both in a shop, then decide.

4. Porter

Porter Active Member

iagree

5. Anil

Anil Active Member

I own both of them for personal use, and sell both as well. You are more than welcome to come in and cast them side by side.
    253-839-4119
    Anil

6. Peter Pancho

Peter Pancho Active Member

Home Page:
    Get the GLX CC, its alot prettier rod and the warranty isn't bad either. The XI2 is a bit lighter and not as stiff. Again, go cast them both to nail it down, as mentioned above.