Salt water rod

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Hooker, Mar 10, 2008.

1. MasterAnglerTaylor

MasterAnglerTaylor Member

Who cares...some people like tfo some people like sage...some own tfo and sage and like them both :)

2. Porter

Porter Active Member

I would think Northwest Patriot would be happy to be a judge :)

If something like this ever comes to .....please let me know...I would love to watch and perhaps learn :ray1: I have a feeling Richard can cast very very very well, for one thing I would never challenge him...and D3 too for that matter.

3. Steven Green

Steven Green Hood Canal Pirate

I don't even have to go out there. you will both talk up a storm, and then you will both tie :rofl:

lets fish :beer2:

4. Jeff Hale

Jeff Hale B.I.G.F.F.

This reminds me of the arguments we had as kids:

Me: "Oh yeah, well Superman could beat up Batman any time, any place. Batman doesn't even have real super-powers; just cool gadgets. Batman would get his ass kicked!

Friend: No way.

Me: Yes way.

Friend: Shut up stupid.

Me: No, YOU'RE stupid!

5. Steven Green

Steven Green Hood Canal Pirate

iagree

:rofl:

6. Hooker

Hooker Banned or Parked

I should have known it would end up like this. :beathead:

way to bring something to the table NW. great posts :thumb:

Richard, you are fired up about it, great. good for you. it might give you an excuse to get off your ass and do something other than rack up your post count. if you think a pitcher of beer is going to be enough of a "wager" to get someone to meet up with you, i'd suspect you are mistaken. now fork up some $$$ and you might get someone to come out and play.
    Now i happen to agree with martyg and 3d and dont like the feel of the TFOs but if its what you like then go for it. I think there are better rods in that price range.

Now, enough with the bullshit. I have gone and cast a few rods. 6wt is what i am going to get, now i just have to decide which model. I really like the Xi2 and Z-Axis but the price is :eek: I may end up with a Scott that I looked at at Puget Sound fly shop(?) (the place in kent) Anyways, thanks for the suggestions guys. I'm going to cast a few more and see what i come up with.

7. MasterAnglerTaylor

MasterAnglerTaylor Member

I held one of those redington cps and it felt verryy nice.

8. Porter

Porter Active Member

Yes they are nice, and speaking of Redington has any one ever come across their high end rod, SS Super Sport? :confused: It retails for 449.00, all four piece, and I know of no one having them in their inventory.

9. Peter Pancho

Peter Pancho Active Member

Home Page:
    I have a TFO Jim Teeney 10' 5pc 8wt and it bombs sink tips easily to 80-90'. Ticrx are a little heavy for me. The Teeney model action is between a Ticr and the professional, perfect feel for sinktips, Mr Teeney was right. Can't beat the price for 199-220.00.

Oh, and those CPS rods are super nice and made, 300.00 though. I plan on getting their 7' 3wt 4pc fast-action, at 2.2 OZ !!!! Sweet rod!

10. Richard E

Richard E Active Member

A few things.

You missed the whole spirit of the pitcher of beer wager. One of my roommates and I in grad school would wager quarters when we would disagree about things. It wasn't the amount of the wager; physically giving up an item was token, a "grrrr, you're right and you win". The quarters went in to a jar that at the end of the school year, we went out and bought a pizza for the two of us. Same thing here. I want(ed) to make the whole issue a little light by making it a pitcher of beer instead of something more substantial, as it is intended in fun. I selected it as something small and lighthearted that, something that we both could share (no winners or losers). I'm hoping obiwan and Porter and others can join in so we can have a few more pitchers to all share; I'm hoping it will be an opportunity for a few folks to meet and do some casting. :beer2:

There are a lot of folks who, for one reason or another, can't buy Z-Axis, Xi2, Scott products, etc., and the TFO is their option. For someone to call TFO rods POS's, he's demeaning not only the product, but those people who made the decision to buy a TFO. I've probably been a little too feisty about this, it appears, but it didn't seem a cool thing to say. I guess I shouldn't take issue with him calling my fly rod a POS.

Lastly, Hooker, most of my 'post' counts are attaboys and comments made to people's pics in the gallery. I enjoy the many awesome picturess and wonderful fly photos in the gallery, and will comment accordingly. It's fun for me to look through the gallery during lunch at work, or when I stay up late at night (night owl).

It's interesting to note for a person that only joined WFF this month you're doing pretty well at 3.27 posts per day; great participation. You're obvioulsy not a lurker, and you should be commended for your active participation. My 1.22 posts per day (way too many, by the way) pales substantially in comparison. ;)

Still hope to get out and cast and share a few pitchers of beer . . .

11. Hooker

Hooker Banned or Parked

wow... so what if someone thinks your rod is a POS. compared to a lot of rods it probably is.
    I didnt miss the point, I just think its worthless. I still say put your money where your mouth is if you want people to meet up with you. A pitcher of beer might work but if you are really confident in your abilities, because thats what this is going to boil down to, then put something on the line. Your rod perhaps although i doubt 3d would show up for a shot at your flyrod based on his opinion of tfo.
    I have been a lurker, i kinda jumped in with both feet now that i have decided to post. A few days in the office with a desire to talk fishing will do that.

12. Go Fish

Go Fish Language, its a virus

I'll give 3 to 1 and take Richard. DK:beer1:

13. Hooker

Hooker Banned or Parked

now put up a $250 and we're talkin!

14. chadk

chadk Be the guide...

"can't buy" ?? Or perhaps are just not sold on the marketing hype, brand name, ego boosting, etc....? Being smart with your money doesn't mean you are cheap or you can't afford to pay more. If you are not convinced the price difference is worth it, you are simply being smarter and good with your money...

15. Porter

Porter Active Member

iagree In addition I would love to be a witness to the event and share a brew or two. Let me know. (we are talking 6 weights here...right?)

Good Beer = $$$$ :thumb: :beer2:
    A simple but friendly wager ...no coin :rolleyes: We don't want any bawling:bawling:bawling: Really it is a opportunity to learn :ray1:

Did someone say they would bring their TCR for others to try? :D :beer2: