Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Saltwater PSA

Tags
saltwater
2K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  Bob Triggs 
#1 ·
Fred Meyer's currently has Absolute Waterproof Tape on sale for $2.09 per roll. ;)

By far the best tape I've found for avoiding line cuts.
I go through rolls of this per year.
If you don't wear gloves and want a tape that stays on all days and works better then duct tape, give this a try.
SF

Product Automotive tire Camera lens Material property Audio equipment

See less See more
#4 ·
Fred Meyer's currently has Absolute Waterproof Tape on sale for $2.09 per roll. ;)

By far the best tape I've found for avoiding line cuts.
I go through rolls of this per year.
If you don't wear gloves and want a tape that stays on all days and works better then duct tape, give this a try.
SF

View attachment 140987
I bought a bulk order of this stuff a few years ago and I'm still working my way through it. I might try the Buff finger guards after I run out.

#16 ·
I got out and field tested this stuff twice over the weekend, and was quite pleased with the results. I taped up both thumbs before hitting the water, and the tape easily stayed on for four hour stretches of constant casting and retrieves. It sticks and stays on when wet better than anything else I've tried, and did not make my fingers clumsy enough to seriously interfere with stripping line or tying knots.
The finger guards might be a fine for protecting the phalanges from running line, but that doesn't help the tips.

Thanks @Stonefish

#17 ·
I got out and field tested this stuff twice over the weekend, and was quite pleased with the results. I taped up both thumbs before hitting the water, and the tape easily stayed on for four hour stretches of constant casting and retrieves. It sticks and stays on when wet better than anything else I've tried, and did not make my fingers clumsy enough to seriously interfere with stripping line or tying knots.
The finger guards might be a fine for protecting the phalanges from running line, but that doesn't help the tips.

Thanks @Stonefish
What are you doing to chew up your finger tips while beach fishing!? :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.