saltwater SRC or resident coho?

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by flyrod2, Mar 6, 2005.

1. flyrod2

flyrod2 Member

Can someone help me find a location for SRC or resident coho in/or around Olympia. I will be wading. I live in Grays Harbor and figure an hour drive is worth it. Also, what lines would be recommended? 5 wt or 8 wt? Best tides to fish. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

2. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide.

Cranberry Country...a glorified coastal swamp!
    Howdy flyrod2,
    I've been wondering the same thing and been planning to head up that way myself and do some investigations with my flyrod. Maybe we ought to get together for a day of exploration up that way and save some gas. First make a hit list of places to check out, then go investigate! Make a list of all the state and county parks and boat ramps in target area, check maps (I use TopoZone) for nearby creeks, consult the tide tables, and make a plan of attack! For walking the beaches, get that book that Les Johnson recommends...the one about hiking Puget Sound beaches that informs of public beach access....I still haven't gotten a copy myself, yet.

My local "neighborhood" streams closed, so now its more driving to the O.P. rivers, various lakes, and the S. Sound, Canal, and Sequim/Pt.Townsend area for searun cutts in the salt. Lingcod opener got moved up to the 12th here on the Coast, and the surf perch should be biting better when the water warms up into the low 50's.
    I'm self-employed and can just say "no" to work if I really want to, as long as i haven't already agreed on a specific time to be there, but work is kicking into 3rd gear already and stomping on the gas. It's leaving me a little white knuckled at times, but I can still break away and get some fishing time in. It is of the highest priority to maintain a flexible schedule! :ray1:

Shoot me a pm if you want to get together and go.

Jimbo