Sauk report/warning

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Kristin, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Tim Lockhart

Tim Lockhart Active Member

I took it a bit differently. My understanding of CC's comment wasn't so much about stereotyping as it was "bad apple" syndrome (as he said himself). Never mind Cap Hill or Darrington, we can pick on Renton/MV...most folks living along there are plenty nice, same as you and me. Unfortunately when I think of 169 first thing that comes to mind is how I'm going to access the ol' Seedy and enjoy a few hours chasing 'bows w/o having my truck windows busted out and stereo missing. So that becomes the reputation there. It's what I've experienced. It's what I know.

Anyhow, maybe CC will weigh back in here but that's my loose interpretation. I didn't see any intentional darts hurled at the gay community or anyone else...maybe not the most pc example he gave but I got the point.

2. James Mello

James Mello Inventor of the "closed eye conjecture"

Those "rednecks" are usually hard working loggers and mill workers that make an honest living. "They" are on your side, as they usually handle the matter in a discrete (i.e. without police aid) manner. For the most part there isn't issues with those launches precisely because of those folks.

The folks you really want to bitch at are the tweakers and complete punks that are doing it. My gut feel is the locals will get a hold of whoever the culprit is before the police and things will be done.

-- Cheers
    -- James

3. HauntedByWaters

HauntedByWaters Active Member

Drive a cheap and dirty American made automobile that is at least 10 years old and you are golden. Such as Ford Taurus or Mercury Sable.

Also, no stickers, extra dirty, garbage on floor inside.

Basically, drive a tweeker rig!

4. Tim Lockhart

Tim Lockhart Active Member

Reminds me...company cars make the best fishing rigs! :D

5. Chris Puma

Chris Puma hates waking up early

it's true, i looked out my window and just confirmed everyone on capitol hill is gay.

(except me of course)

6. HauntedByWaters

:confused:

7. PT

PT Physhicist

Lighten up there Francis. It's called humor. :thumb:

8. HauntedByWaters

I was just confused. I didn't get the context or how that fit into this thread until a carefully read all the posts.

I thought maybe Chris Puma was completely losing it. Feel sorry for that guy, being in the minority up there on the hill must be tough ;)

9. Tony the Trout

Tony the Trout Member

Funny/true story!
    Some friends and I were driving through Darrington on our way to a day hike. One of my friends said "I wonder what it's like to grow up out here?" Not 10 seconds later we see a kid (12yo?) walking down the side of the road in camo pants carrying a gun rack. The timing was perfect :rofl:

This is not a social commentary! Your post just reminded me of this funny story.

As for people who break into vehicles everywhere...Kharma is a BITCH!

10. CoastalCutt

CoastalCutt Member

Wow, didn't know I started a shitstorm. All I would like to say is that it is unfortunate that people have been broken into and vandalized up there in Darrington. Sorry everybody has to take their own dumb ass opinion on a few words from what I say and turn it into a big political argument. Grow some nuts everyone and quit bitching.

Thanks......Tight lines!

11. Dick Warnke

Dick Warnke was Pram-Man

I'm always amazed that when ever one these breakin stories is posted in come the suggestions to, drive an old beater, fish somewhere else, etc, etc. We all work hard to afford good dependable vehicles, and good gear, we should be able to fish with confidence anywhere we want. My guess is that this type of thing is given such a low priority by LE that not a whole lot is going to change until that low priority status changes. Whats hard to understand is that these things are happening during the day in broad daylight in pretty much area know for such activity. With this in mind why does'nt the local LE step up patrols in these areas or at the least bring some kind of pressure to bear. At night yeah they got more pressing issues and we arn't out there at night anyway. That total lack of concern by LE is intime going to cause people to feel so helpless that desperation is going to make some want to take matters into thier own hands. I just more could and should be done. Just my .02, I guess that feels a little better.

12. HauntedByWaters

If I had a dollar for every "should" phrase I have heard in my life. :p

Yeah and nobody should starve, freeze, or have a terrible life too but that isn't going to change....EVER.

There will always be the poor out there praying on those with "good dependable vehicles" that "work hard".

I never understand why people are so surprised by this stuff; there are dirt poor folks all around, open your eyes to it!

These people have little to lose.

And they aren't ALL drug addicts either.

I am not defending them the least bit, just saying they are there and aren't going anywhere any time soon.

I personally believe in the scout motto "Be Prepared", which means in this case: even more than the sheriff's, it is your job to cover your own butt.

Complaining is about as effective as blaiming it on the rain.

13. ChrisC

ChrisC Active Member

I can tell you that in Redmond/Bellevue, my perception is that LE spends the bulk of their time giving out traffic tickets.:confused: My impression rightly or wrongly is that catching traffic violations is higher priority since it generates more revenue for the city/county.

Of course when we had our car broken into during working hours, their response was "there's nothing we can do".:beathead:

14. chadk

chadk Be the guide...

You may want to slow down and think before you post. Stop playing the victim and show some respect when you post. Your 'tough guy with an attitude' internet personality just isn't playing well... Don't mean to be blunt, but that's what it takes sometimes... (regarding not just this post, but others... including the comments in the gallery...)

15. CoastalCutt

CoastalCutt Member

What are you trying to say? What about comments in the picture gallery? I say what I think, just as everybody else does, including YOU. There's no special personality for some internet site. If you want to say something TO ME.....PM me, you and a few others are getting off of the topic of someone getting their window bashed. If you have something to say about me personally, than I suggest doing it so privately.
    THANKS!!!