Say goodbye to 4 weeks of good fishing

b_illymac

Member Active
Now is the time Grant County guys/gals and people who come here to fish to speak up as a lot of lakes are going to change to 4th Saturday in April from April 1st. I have no idea why as fishing in the Basin is good early and declines in early summer. I submitted my comments.

Irafly

Indi "Ira" Jones
Now is the time Grant County guys/gals and people who come here to fish to speak up as a lot of lakes are going to change to 4th Saturday in April from April 1st. I have no idea why as fishing in the Basin is good early and declines in early summer. I submitted my comments.
In my comments, I told them that if part of their reason was to make the regs easier, it would be better to actually have many of those lakes open up March 1st versus the end of April. Increased opportunity and cleaning up the regs. We will see if they listen.

JS

Any one have a bead on what is going to happen here? I got my comment in just in time....can’t believe this is real. So frustrated, as I am sure you all are as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have fished Grant County lakes for what seems like forever. This is stupid. Some things should just be left alone. They can do their micromanagement elsewhere. Sometimes, by the 1st of May, it already feels like summer.

Irafly

Indi "Ira" Jones
nice to finally be able to read all the comments.
I agree, but not all of the comment are there and they are mixed up and not all relevant to the area you are reading.

Although it was really nice to see that most if not all of the people commenting opposed the date changes and more importantly the bait and chumming rules. We will see if any of the comments actually have impact.

Paul_

If your comments were not submitted before November 22 (even though the public comment period went through the 30th:mad:) they were not part of the presentation to the Commission-
http://wdfw.wa.gov/commission/meetings/2017/12/dec0717_16_presentation.pdf
At least 40% of the comments came after the 21st.

And the commission takes action on the proposed proposal....

I was told the Commission would be giving a copy of the comments made after the 21st. If they received what’s on the WDFW website, I don’t have much hope they had time to deceiver what comments go with what bodies of water.

b_illymac

Member Active
If your comments were not submitted before November 22 (even though the public comment period went through the 30th:mad:) they were not part of the presentation to the Commission-
http://wdfw.wa.gov/commission/meetings/2017/12/dec0717_16_presentation.pdf
At least 40% of the comments came after the 21st.

And the commission takes action on the proposed proposal....

I was told the Commission would be giving a copy of the comments made after the 21st. If they received what’s on the WDFW website, I don’t have much hope they had time to deceiver what comments go with what bodies of water.
Wow. I can not believe how pathetic that powerpoint is. Pretty obvious it was a complete waste of time for me to comment about losing 4 weeks of prime fishing in certain lakes in Grant County.