Scadden / NFO "Bravo" Air Valves

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by Michael Nelson, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Michael Nelson

Michael Nelson Old And In The Way

Home Page:

Wow. I would find it difficult to imagine a dumber course of action for this issue, other than perhaps just lighting myself on fire.

2. Bill Aubrey

Bill Aubrey Active Member

Dumb question, but since I am thinking of a Scadden, how hard is it to replace the valves? Sounds like these are put in in NZ, so can I do it myself with confidence???

3. Blue

Blue Active Member

Home Page:
    The Bravo valves are much smoother that the Halkey valves and allow you to inflate your boat with portable 12 volt pumps without opening the valve to do so. "once down to open... two down to close" operation of the valve.
    They are more expensive than the Halkey Valve for NFO to purchase and implement but Dave feels they are worth the extra.

Incept Marine handles NFO's southern hemisphere distribution They have done a few procedures for NFO over the years. North Fork has 7 different fab shops and 42 employees and a number of various vendors that go into every boat we sell.

4. Michael Nelson

Home Page:
    Dave Scadden finally called me yesterday. He apologized for all that has gone on and said he wasn't familiar with the details, but he wanted to make things right. I accepted his apology and told him all he needs to do is send me the valve caps I requested and issue me a refund for the oars they have been unable to supply. He said he would do both right away. I will report back as to what happens and when.

5. Michael Nelson

Home Page:
    UPS just dr4opped off the valve caps, and I have repaired my boat. Now for the refund on the oars, and it's finished.