Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Scadden Outlaw Avenger Questions

Boats 
750 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  steelhd32 
#1 ·
Greetings:

New here. Live in Virginia where I have recently discovered the wealth of Musky fishing available. Its a lot like fishing for (Eastcoast) Steelhead, without the crowds, or the high success rate ;).

Now I am rethinking my boat situation, and am looking for something that I can stand up on easily and quickly. So the Scadden Outlaw Avenger is high on the list. I have not seen one though, and have lots of questions. I hope someone here has some experience with one.

Biggest concern is how the frame breaks down for transport. I don't have a trailer, and would prefer to avoid it as the put-ins I use are seldom trailer friendly. So how small can the frame be made for transport? Dave says it is modular, but he also said I could back-pack my Assault XX! How about the casting platform setup in the single person mode - does the casting brace re-attach to the single rower seat? Does the anchor system work easily (and safely). Is it set-up like a drift boat system where the anchor rope travels under the platform?

I am looking to use this on rivers, and plan to be stand-up casting when either drifting slowly or anchored in slow water stretches.

I have an Assault XX (used 4 times so far) and find that getting to the stand-up position is not very easy, so I spend lots of time setting the anchor, getting repositioned, making a few casts, and repeating the process. I did make a frame for it out of chain link fence components that has worked very well for the anchor system.

Thanks for the help.

Jim

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.