Scadden pontoons.....

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by Tschu, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Builder

Builder Member

IMHO..this is how you run a business.
    I have been looking at a variety of boats for over a year and when the time comes to pull the trigger Aire/Outcast will be at the top of my list.

2. Kent Lufkin

Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Just because components were 'sourced' in the US doesn't mean they were actually made here. Even if a product is really made in Bangladesh, if you bought it from a sales representative with an office in Los Angeles, you can legitimately state that it was 'Sourced in the US.' While that statement gives the impression that the product was made in the US, it doesn't necessarily make it so. Unless of course, that's what you want to believe.

K

3. Kent Lufkin

Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

If this is true then this country is really deep shit. It took me a week and five phone messages to get the 'best customer service on the planet' to even call me back.

Of course, there's probably no end of folks who believe this kind of hype, which Dave Scadden apparently understands and counts on. As HL Mencken accurately observed back in the 1930's, "No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."

K

4. jessejames

jessejames Flyslinger

Freestone I have never thought of that but now I realize that all of the offshore made float tubes and pontoon boats that we buy from Outcast have a "certificate of origin" for marine vessels in the paper work that is included with the owners manual. It gives the country as well as the city where it is assembled/manufactured.
    Interesting.
    jesse

5. Blue

Blue Active Member

Home Page:
    My side bags and my seat has the made in China sticker, but those are accessories, the boat doesn't need them.

6. PT

PT Physhicist

7. mojo

mojo Member

That's assuming that they're made in China. If they're made in the U.S. they don't have to say jack shit.
    Apparently some are assuming that they're made in China because a couple new posters ( counting one that's been banned from here and is now posting under a different name) say so, and because Bdd didn't get the answer he wanted when he called up NFO. Hey BDD, are your boats made in the USA?

8. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

What was this thread about and where has it gone?

9. Ed Call

Oh yeah, that was where it started. No request about running class IV+ to V. No restriction to made here, there, or anywhere. Just looking for a good deal. Not everyone interprets or defines a good deal the same way.

10. PT

PT Physhicist

Etwood, there is a reason that every one of these Scadden threads devolve into what they devolve into. I'll let the moderators moderate.

11. PT

PT Physhicist

12. mojo

mojo Member

13. PT

PT Physhicist

You must have had Ms. Jakes in 3rd grade also.

14. mojo

mojo Member

It was actually Sister Mary Ernestine. The one with the hickory pointer.

Didn't help though.

Derogertory?

15. Ed Call

Davit, I'm not attempting to moderate. Threads degrade because people drift off on their own personal fuss fests and that perpetuates. The thread was opened for what appears to be different reasons. I don't give a rat's ass who's boat anyone buys. I really don't care. I just am not as impressed by the bash and slash approach. Clearly Dave Scadden's customer service is not what we've seen from other companies, myself included. We can keep bashing, or we can actually assist Tschu with some positive information about whatever company you prefer (Sotar).

I don't know Scadden. I do have three of his boats. I have them becasue I want them for my fishing needs, not whitewater or hard core guide needs. I did not buy them relying on his customer service. I went in eyes wide open. His 14'9" pontoons are half as heavy, maybe even lighter, than my 14' maxxons. That is a good thing when you are one dude moving a boat around because your kids are too small to help you much. Lightweight has its benefits, and if getting on the water more with my girls are that benefit, I'm in.

Clearly Scadden needs to hire better people. He'd benefit by better communicators, yourself perhaps? Hed benefit by more trustworthy staff that would not allegedly steal his ideas/designs, yourself perhaps?

Regardless, I'd rather hear you sing the praises of Sotar than the slinging of Scadden. Anyone that's been here 20 minutes or can use the search function can find out that not all customer service related groups are the same.

Bash on brother, if that is what makes you feel fine as frog's hair.