Finally got everything rigged for an electric and took it out today. The motor I used for the first trial was a 27# Minn Kota. I have a 17, 27, and 55. The 27 actually worked very well. The first speed is slow enough for trolling (come on, we all do it sometimes) if you're moving against the wind. The fastest speed was perfect from getting from dead water on the lake to shelves and structure a few hundred yards away, but would be slow for actually moving to another section of a larger lake. Running up a river or to move around, a 40-55# would be excellent, but you won't be trolling flies as the first speed will be way too fast. The motor's power head was reversed as to pull the boat, not push it. Blue is completely correct when she says if you move forward you will have water spilling into your seat. It's slow and not really an option. You move with the U-shape forward, same as rowing or kicking. What impressed me most, other than that the initial rigging was absolutely perfect, was how easy it is to steer with your fins. I didn't touch the motor for an hour. It tracks well and steering with fins is effortless and very easy and effective. The Scadden motor mount was fine. I'm not sure how adequate it would be for a gasser. The motor was a great addition, especially in 10 kt. winds today. The additional weight from the Group 24 battery and motor had no apparent affect on displacement or performance. I'm totally sold on this setup.