Scadden website

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by biere.froide, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Derek Young

Derek Young Emerging Rivers Guide Services

Home Page:
    Those Portland beer cops are nosy little buggers! :)

Bill Aubrey likes this.
  2. sportsman

sportsman Active Member

PT: once again you prove my point. Even the average idiot knows there is a huge differnce calling someone a "great guy" as opposed to a "great man", except you. FYI...I have never talked with Dave, but have been around his booth during boat shows. I don't bother someone just to be a 'tire kicker' or have my kids run around his booth when they are busy with customers. My opinions come from several local friends who have had nothing but good things to say about him and his products. The only "topic" was people jumping on him for his website being down less than 24 hours: J.J.=Got to be kidding me!!!!! Speyfitter=spindoctoring/politician. Let's not forget Sleezen with his typical intelligent response=Bahaha...this from a college graduate and the same guy who calls Blue a liar after all of her gracious help. WFF has had this site down many times, do you think the other local fishing sites trash the Scoones? I don't think so. Then you say I am on here just to insult people who comment on this 'topic'....which topic are you referring to? The all encomposing one where you promise to jump in just to show your 'presence'? Most everyone on this board knows you and you are the one eager to insult and degrade others, as you continue to prove.

3. Randall Clark

Randall Clark Active Member

Believe me, I get that, but when you're the fist person there...that really shouldn't happen. FYI, I did happen to stop by several times (albeit, he was 'busy' each time). I'm not 'bent out of shape' about it. It is what it is, bad customer service. No more, no less. I've seen many posts that say he's a great innovator but a poor businessman. Well, part of owning your own business means that you'd better be good at both in order to have the most successful business possible. If he's not such a great businessman, then perhaps he should hire someone who is. (unless he thinks he is, in which case ego can be a bad thing)

So tell me, what is the purpose of even having a booth at a Sportsman's show? to get clients, right? How do you get clients? with good customer service. (I would think that this is even more important for a company that doesn't have a retail store) So no, I can't let it slide. Bottom line, I did not get good customer service.

4. PT

PT Physhicist

You can speak for the board if you'd like. Whether it's true or not..... Well, must be as you said it is.

I'll say it again. The only reason I jumped in on my first Scadden discussion was because the apologists trying to outright discredit anyone who had a bad word to say about NFO. I found it a bit cult like as stated before. You have done nothing but reinforce that. I'm glad you've had great service from the great guy. I have no reason to believe he is anything but a nice guy. People don't stay in business for the long term if they continually screw people. I don't think this is the case with NFO. I just think there is much to be desired in some aspects. When people come on here who have personal relationships with a business man and defend to the point of going after the messenger, it gets pretty old. As do my posts to those of you who get tired of my ramblings.

There are reasons these topics happen regarding some companies and not others. It's not just a couple people continually stirring the pot. Jump in, start calling people pinheads because they find it humorous. That's all it was. A bit of humor and another apologist gets their underwear twisted.

5. SpeyFitter

SpeyFitter Active Member

How can you call me a spin doctor for reporting my own personal observations as is? I did my research and found info that I based my buying decision on. I bought and am happy. You are running your mouth and keyboard a bit much to have the credibility to make these statements.

6. PT

PT Physhicist

River Runner was a tool and not taken seriously by anyone. His agenda was obvious. Pretty sure we all saw it.

7. sportsman

sportsman Active Member

." I'm glad you've had great service from the great guy." PT, You seem to have trouble comprehending the written word: I just told you that I have never met the man nor have had any dealings with him. Get a clue!

8. Bill Aubrey

Bill Aubrey Active Member

Randall, if that's the case, you both lost. Dave lost a sale and you lost a chance to own a good boat. A few years ago, I was manning the FFF booth at the Puyallup show. I was alone, we hit a busy period, and I "ignored" a couple while answering questions from others. I know because they complained to another guy. And in real estate, I lost a sale to a couple who had come by earlier, left, made a decision and came back. When they did, I was with a couple who were looking and very insistent on asking questions. They ended up not buying and the other couple left because I would not dump them and deal with the returners. What do you do? 99% of the time you can handle multiple people at once, but some slip away. Trust me, I wasn't happy, but it's life.

Dan Nelson and Blue like this.
  9. sportsman

sportsman Active Member

Scott, go read that post over again until you actually understand it, no matter how many times it take you. I just quoted what you wrote. I never said you were a 'spindoctor', I actually inferred you were a pinhead for even bothering to make the reply that you did when all the original guy wanted to know was what happened to the site, I am the only one that told him when it came back on. So how much sense does your post now make? I'm done.

10. Randall Clark

Randall Clark Active Member

Yeah, that probably sums it up. Now, I'm pretty much set on the Commander. I think it'll handle my needs perfectly.

As an aside, I like these types of threads when they stay on the informative side. It's always unfortunate that many times they seem to devolve into what basically amounts to name calling. But I do think you can tell a lot about a company from what negative experiences one has with said company (or product, for that matter). Of course this thread took a detour from the original question quite some time ago (happens to most threads on an online forum, so not all that surprising).

Cheers

11. PT

PT Physhicist

Never met or any dealings and he's a great guy? Same process as never having met me and I'm an ass.... I guess we can form our opinions however we choose......

Sorry for the hijack! Time to stop having fun and go have more fun.

12. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Perhaps I'm one of the pinheads as well.
    I replied based on my interaction with my own domain provider. I receive multiple emails on a quarterly basis regarding new products, features, etc.
    I also receive renewal notices via email and I've received calls from them in the past as well. It would be difficult at best to let my renewal laspe.

I don't own any Scadden products. I tried to get info on them in the past, but never received a reply.
    I went a different direction and I'm happy with the products I purchased.
    I have several close friends on this board that use Scadden products. I trust their opinions greatly. They've been happy for the most part other then the slow replies to their communications and not having their orders filled correctly.
    Will I ever own a Scadden product? Likely not.
    SF

PT likes this.
  13. SpeyFitter

SpeyFitter Active Member

My apologies Sportsman, I thought you were calling me a Spindoctor/Politician - you were actually referencing an earlier post by myself in another thread. Thanks for clarifying that.

Anyways, I take absolutely no offense to you calling me a Pinhead. The fact that you stand up for something that lacks credibility speaks wonders about your credibility.

Randall Clark likes this.
  14. sportsman

sportsman Active Member

I certainly kicked that hornets nest, Didn't I ?! So I apologize for writing what I felt. There was a thread a couple months ago that went on ad nauseum...8-9 pages, and I stayed out of it. I think all of you took several shots at Scadden, whether true or perceived. Some even went so far as to insuate he was guilty of 'shady' financial dealings. I was surprised that Scoone didn't shut the thread down at that point, I worked for a company for 8+ years and we did boat shows in Fort Lauderdale, Miami and Genoa. It was a huge expense and a ton of work. We knew there wasn't a chance of dealing with everyone on an equal basis. You only have X amount of time and you needed to stay focused on the goal of selling your product. lot's of people wanted your time and it was easy to tell who was just wasting it! Now I will stay out of future threads because I am now a Scadden boat owner. Bought a used Renegade on Saturday!

15. PT

PT Physhicist

Sportsman, I'll try to be a bit more civil. Cheap entertainment here and nothing taken personal. Enjoy your boat.