Swap Sculpin Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by D3Smartie, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Clint F

Clint F Fly Fishing Youth

Home Page:
    Mine will be sent on monday if I dont see you this weekend.

Clint

2. speyflyfisher

speyflyfisher Member

Just knocked mine out. I'll get them to David either in person
    or by mail. Looks like we will closing this swap early.

3. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

I've got to admit you guys are making me look like a slacker. I will get mine started and done as soon as I can turn out something with quality. I won't hold all of you up to the May 8th deadline. Just give me a bit of time.

4. D3Smartie

D3Smartie Active Member

no worries ED.

5. Jake Bannon

Jake Bannon nymphs for steelhead....

Ok, mine are out today. Was gone turkey hunting in E. Wa so I had a slight delay.

PS: I spaced on the name tags, mine with be the brown articulated double bunny sculpins.

6. Ed Call

Okay, so I tied some prototypes and wound up with one that I like. Tomorrow I'll replicate it five more times. Is it a sculpin? How the hell should I know. It has some flash, some olive, some black, a trailer hook loop tied in (slick idea, thanks David!) and that is what your're all getting.

7. D3Smartie

D3Smartie Active Member

havent recieved anyones flies yet with the exception of Ozcast. please do let me know if you guys have put them in the mail. A pm would be best when the actually are in the mail.

8. Ed Call

David,

I just put mine onto the rotator tonight. Applied a bit of phosphoresent clear head cement over the thread and eyes. I'll try to pack them this weekend and ship either tomorrow or Monday.

I do have tomorrow off if we're fishing...I can hand them off!

Ed

9. D3Smartie

D3Smartie Active Member

I'll be busy with the CCA banquet today and tomorrow but if you're going to be in silverdale or poulsbo we might be able to meet up so you dont have to ship them.
    David
    i'll PM you my phone #

10. Ed Call

Thanks David. Got your PM. I'll call if I'm around. If not I'll ship them Monday. I don't want to keep the rest of this tying faster than lightning group waiting for my fuzz ball flies. Good luck with banquet, I hope you guys rake it in.

11. Ed Call

David, busy family weekend for me and you were working on the CCA banquet. I hope that went well. I dropped the SASE and flies into the mail today. You should see them Monday or Tuesday. Thanks for hosting, I hope my sculp nasty is not a disappointment.

12. Jake Bannon

Jake Bannon nymphs for steelhead....

Turns out you guys wont be getting my really neat articulated double bunnies.....I tied them all up, sent them out to David with my SASE and all he got was an envelope which looked to be ran over by a truck a thousand times.....oh yea, they had no flies too. :beathead: I am gonna replace the set with some spun deer hair tube flies which should still slay, I dont have enough material and time to go through those god aweful articulated ones again. lol

Jake

13. Ed Call

Have I mentioned how much I detest the Untied States Postal Service? I cannot tell you in less than a thousand words how much they screw me at my residential address with delivery refusals, damaged packages, envelopes and a generally piss poor attitude from the carrier up to the postmaster. I'll save you all the eye strain and leave it at that.

When I host a swap (entered many, hosted nil) I will do a swap that is designed for a face to face exchange of the goodies. A great way to stick it to the USPS and meet others in the driveable area.

14. D3Smartie

D3Smartie Active Member

it does look like the post office screwwed us on this one but i also encourage you guys to make sure you put your flies in a hard sided container. putting them inside a plain envelope with no padding or protection is asking for disaster.

15. D3Smartie

D3Smartie Active Member

ed- got your flies today. very nice work! i'm sure some big brown will fall to one of these someday. I'd love to fish this thing on the Missouri!