Sea Lions shot on the Nisqually River

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Drag-Free Drift, Jan 28, 2012.

1. generic

generic Justified

Oh Oh Oh! And we could bring back David Hasselholf to save people from the sea lions. Wow, that would be cool. Then at the very end of the show, someone decides it would be better to save the sea lions and shoots Hasselhoff in the head.

2. gldntrt40

gldntrt40 Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by KerryS

"We got one of them damn sea lions caught in our gill net one night. Freakin' thing was tearin' the crap out of the net and when we got it to the boat it proceeded to bash the livin' crap out of the stern. My partner got a 12 gauge and blasted the thing right in the head from less than two feet away. Both of us were covered with sea lion brains. Freakin' disgustin'."

lol yeah, sort of the reaction some people have when they read about hunters shooting each other or themselves in the woods "on accident"..some sick f**ks have the same reaction...

3. nomlasder

nomlasder Active Member

Sun dried and dipped in seal oil, stick to your ribs good stuff there.

4. lives2bwild

lives2bwild Member

and that seal oil is about the healthiest fat you can eat, because it renders at room tempature it is a heart healthy fat. i mean i guess if you would rather eat a burger, then a fish, then yea seal is probably to strong. but me i would rather eat fresh salmon eggs straight from a chums you know what, which are fantastic by the way

5. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

I simply cannot understand why someone gave this thread a 1 star :confused:

6. generic

generic Justified

Probably because a -1 star isn't an option.

7. Dan Page

Dan Page Active Member

8. Jonathan Tachell

Jonathan Tachell Active Member

Yes I have seen THE GREY and I love the Hasselholf movie pitch idea! I have not laughed that hard all week. Thanks Dave Kaiserman!

9. Brazda

Brazda Fly Fishing guide "The Bogy House" Lodge

Home Page:
    Golden trout
    You do know by now that those SEA LIONS probabaly met there demise by THE ORIGIONAL commercial fishermen, they cut the belly so they sink and wash up too far away to make a determination of WHOM. Not that anything could be done other than investigate and possably find other OVER harvest infractions. One reason they don't just openly do it is public opinion. Peta loves them for killing not playin and if Peta or the public ever really knew what the hell was going on in reality the ORIGIONAL commercials would loose some gamblers and so on and so on till the whole world imploded from reality and them damned colonist would have caused it from way back in 1492.

It would be cool to have the sea shepard run in a harrass the Nisqually tribe,, I could see it now a great fight, that speed boat running up on a 12 foot half sunk john boat with the engine cowling missing and all he has is a dead chum from two weeks ago and a bailer bucket, to throw at em....

10. gldntrt40

gldntrt40 Active Member

Presumption is a nasty route. "Probably" reeks of problems and not very solid.
    The only thing that concerns me is a federal law is being broken and some bozos on here point blank condoning breaking federal laws.
    That's it. Laws are laws whether it's trespassing, rape, killing sea lions. Change them legally or abide by them.

Same guys I bet cried like babies when the UK guy <u>LEGALLY</u> killed that Hoh native couple years back.bawling:
    Show of hands?? I am too afraid to go in archives and see the two timers.

Change the law or abide by them, no crying.

Opinions don't mean shit, fellas. Law is law.

Just my take but seems following laws seems to be a minority on here and sort of sad.

BTW, genetics probably had less to do with the 30# Hoh fish getting that big as much as plain luck in survival.
    But the true scientist and geneticist in the crowd know as much.

I'm done with this one. Flame away.

11. Baitfish

Baitfish Member

So this is the guy in front of me in the fast lane! Red Prius, organic hummus and yogurt smoothie? Hell, I am thinking about passing you in the HOV lane Mr. Law Abidding Citizen! Nah, that couldn't possibly be you.... oops, "forgot" to signal a lane change? Yeah right!

I love the guys that always throw "The Law" card out... Can't pick and choose which laws to obey!

Zen... Charlie D. Romeo here! Miss ya brother! Last time I bumped into you was at Ted's in Lynnwood. Darkside eh?

(sent via Blackberry on I-5 near Tukwila in the fast lane @77mph)

12. gldntrt40

gldntrt40 Active Member

Yeah, most guys I see on their tops spinning in the median I figure
    were poking their blackberry...
    Karma, master Baitfisher........violins........... ladies

Alot of bait slinging converts on this board

13. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

We need more laws.........................

14. Baitfish

Baitfish Member

I don't text, call, or rarely speed when driving- especially in these weather conditions. It makes drinking and driving that much more apparent behind the wheel! I have a tough enough time getting the top of the flask and staying between the dotted white lines! J/k of course.

Orville Reddenbacher and Tabasco!

Instead of counting sheep tonight to fall asleep, I will be clubbing... I certainly understand some hope I only get to a one or two count, looks like the majority want me to toss and turn :clown:

15. zen leecher aka bill w

zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Can I be anybody's friend (other than goldentrout)?