Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Seahawks!

NFR 
3K views 46 replies 21 participants last post by  Flyguy65 
#1 ·
We won the Super Bowl, we're playing in our house and still no respect from the dumb ass national tv announcers! A win is a win but what's it gonna take to shut them up? Go Hawks!

#2 ·
Something about those "national" tv announcers that made me want to throw up ...
Do you think they might have been partial to Denver?.

I really wish that the local radio broadcast w/Raible and crew was in synch with the TV broadcast, or I'd listen to it instead and mute the TV.

#3 ·
FYI...there is an online petition by Bronco fans to remove Phil Simms, who does most of their games, from the broadcast booth - because they feel he is always biased towards the opposing team. Maybe Seahawk fans should start one of those too!

My personal take is that Simms misreads action on the field, and the reasons for some of the action, and to top it off the guy annoyingly stumbles over himself with every other comment.

I'm a fan of both teams! And I think the Hawks were lucky that the refs jobbed Denver out of a possession with the non-call of offsides when it was 3rd and 2.

#4 ·
I'm a fan of both teams! And I think the Hawks were lucky that the refs jobbed Denver out of a possession with the non-call of offsides when it was 3rd and 2.
It is impossible to play this non call game because they happen on both sides of the ball all game long. For me the pivotal moments came with the missed field goal and the safety. Those made this closer than it needed to be. The overturned fumble recovery by Seattle didn't help either if we are going to play the call game.

#5 ·
I love the tears from Bronco fans crying for each team to get at least 1 OT possession.

"Peyton didn't get a chance in OT". What would that change? Even if he got the ball and scored a TD, the hawks would get it back and need just a field goal to win.

#7 ·
By the way, I honestly believe that the reason Wilson didn't get the MVP last year was simple.

If the NFL gave it to Wilson, it would have been "rubbing it in Peyton's face".... and the way all the pre-game talk that was soooo pro Manning, that just wan't going to happen.

#8 ·
When your defense gives up 8 points in a title game, it's hard not to give it to a defensive player. Harvin was abetter offensive player in the SB then Wilson, who played well. There's no MVP conspiracy, east coast bias or sasquatch. Manning did throw for 50 td's or so last year, did you all think the pre game story lines were gonna be about Red Bryant?

Seattle has great football team. Enjoy it. Don't get stuck looking for where the Seahawks have been dissed.

P.S. my brother may be some form of Yeti.

#21 ·
It ain't the lines problem Jim. It's number 3. He has to actually throw the ball.

It seems that he is reluctant to ever pull the trigger until the end.

I watched the 2nd half tonight after the Pats had sewn up a win. Wilson was truly awful inside the pocket, from what I saw. He actually tried a jump pass thing at one point. I have no idea what it was. If he doesn't get better from the pocket, the chickens are in trouble.

They have gone backwards offensively as teams have started to figure this out. He gets to play 11 on 10 because of his legs and he still really struggles.

Seahawk D looked great though. They could win again based on that if they continue to look that good.

Go Sox,
cds

#27 ·
Here's one thing I know...My entertainment dollar is much more happily spent on a team with a QB like Willson than Newton (or Kaepernick or RG3). All that posturing and overall sucking vs Willson just getting it done and acting like he's been there before.

One thing I feel; I never wanted to see Tate leave the hawks and now that Harvin's gone I think my foresight was pretty good. (this also proves I don't wholly discriminate against narcissistic pricks)

#28 ·
I'm curious if any of you actually watch the game. Seriously, I watched a truly awful 2nd half of offensive football by the seahawks and their quarterback. I can't believe that the 1st half was much better as the only scored 6 points, as opposed to the staggering 3 Russ an the boys put up last week in the 1st. The line was really quite good in pass protection. Your QB refuses to throw the football.

OTOH, the defensive gave up 9 points on the road. That is impressive.

P.Dieter,

Word is Tate was nailing Wilson's old lady. I think he had to go.

Go Sox,
cds

#29 ·
I'm curious if any of you actually watch the game. Seriously, I watched a truly awful 2nd half of offensive football by the seahawks and their quarterback. I can't believe that the 1st half was much better as the only scored 6 points, as opposed to the staggering 3 Russ an the boys put up last week in the 1st. The line was really quite good in pass protection. Your QB refuses to throw the football.

OTOH, the defensive gave up 9 points on the road. That is impressive.

P.Dieter,

Word is Tate was nailing Wilson's old lady. I think he had to go.

Go Sox,
cds
I would say there are times that you're right, but times when he unloads the ball very fast and accurate. Remember that he's a very young quarterback and it's hard to deny he has what it takes to be great. With the way their offense is designed, they'd rather have a quarterback that's a bit slow to pass occasionally than one that's too quick to pass and makes a lot of mistakes.

#31 · (Edited)
Charles I'm going to assume you are a pats fan, in which case you have been watching Brady play for a while now. You of all people should realize how useless over-analyzing regular season games is considering you guys went 16-0 then got punked by a 10-6 giants team in the super bowl. Hell even the year after the packers won the SB they went 15-1 in the regular season then got bounced in the first round by a 9-7 giants team.

Flashy QB's who throw 50 tds are fun and all, but look at the facts. Manning hasn't won a ring in 8 years, and Brady hasn't won one in a decade.

All that matters is you hit that 10ish win mark to make the postseason, manage to get and stay healthy, then play your best football in the postseason. Russell looked bad in your eyes today, thats fine. Nobody is saying he played amazingly well. He had one of the best games of any QB in history last week...and guess what. We lost. There's much more to it than how good your QB looks on TV. The obsession people have with analyzing everything way too much now is annoying since all it takes is one injury or fluke play to change everything. All of these power rankings and bullshit stories that ESPN's mothership churn out each week for page views and ad clicks are just garbage.

We will most likely be 6-3 heading into KC in a few weeks, which is when shit gets serious. Hopefully our line and wagner get healthy by then.

#32 ·
When I turned the game on there was a blip on the screen that said Wilson went to school at N. Carolina. He went to school at Wisconsin.

Didn't Seattle beat Carolina by the score of 12 to 9 last year. And this year 13 to 9. It's always a defensive struggle with these guys.

I didn't watch it as when I turned it on the "O" line wasn't protecting Wilson and he was running for his life again. The games at the start of the season were all good he was being protected and had time to throw to his receivers. Lately he has to run.

#34 ·
They may not throw alot of TD's on Superbowl sunday, but It looks like the gun slingers are pretty consistent at winning the championship ring.
A scrambling QB can finish well, however, they are never consistent when always on the run. I would like to see Wilson hold the pocket and throw alot more ( quality) passes.

Super Bowl 23. Joe Montana (Jerry Rice), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 24. Joe Montana (MVP), 5 TDs
Super Bowl 25. Jeff Hostetler (Ottis Anderson), 1 TD
Super Bowl 26. Mark Rypien (MVP), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 27. Troy Aikman (MVP), 4 TDs
Super Bowl 28. Troy Aikman (Emmitt Smith), O TDs
Super Bowl 29. Steve Young (MVP), 6 TDs
Super Bowl 30. Troy Aikman (Larry Brown), 1 TD
Super Bowl 31. Brett Favre (Desmond Howard), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 32. John Elway (Terrell Davis), 0 TDs
Super Bowl 33. John Elway (MVP), 1 TD
Super Bowl 34. Kurt Warner (MVP), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 35. Trent Dilfer (Ray Lewis), 1 TD
Super Bowl 36. Tom Brady (MVP), 1 TD
Super Bowl 37. Brad Johnson (Dexter Jackson), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 38. Tom Brady (MVP), 3 TDs
Super Bowl 39. Tom Brady (Deion Branch), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 40. Ben Roethlisberger (Hines Ward), 0 TDs
Super Bowl 41. Peyton Manning (MVP), 1 TD
Super Bowl 42. Eli Manning (MVP), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 43: Ben Roethlisberger (Santonio Holmes), 1 TD
Super Bowl 44: Drew Brees (MVP), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 45: Aaron Rogers (MVP), 3TDs
Super Bowl 46: Eli Manning (MVP), 1 TD
Super Bowl 47: Joe Flacco (MVP), 3TDs
Super Bowl 48: Russell Wilson, 2TDs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.