NFR Seasonal ales

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
I am not very sophisticated but I like a well balanced Ale. There are some people in the WFF community who are very knowledgeable on the subject of these seasonal Ales. What do you want in a Winter Seasonal Ale that you're not going to want after wet wading skinny water in the summer?

I am not very sophisticated but I like a well balanced Ale. There are some people in the WFF community who are very knowledgeable on the subject of these seasonal Ales. What do you want in a Winter Seasonal Ale that you're not going to want after wet wading skinny water in the summer?
I like a big malt body with a rich roasty backbone. Just enough hops to back it up without overpowering. Enough alcohol to warm your throat and add that slight alcohol sweetness.

In summer, I enjoy a good craft lager like Avery brewing Joes American Pilsner. Something thirst quenching and light without being the shit that the big three breweries try to pass off as beer.

Lugan

Joe Streamer
I spent a semester of grad school in Copenhagen Denmark, ending just a few days before xmas. The big brewers like Tuborg and Carlsberg had special xmas ales called "Jule Bryg". They were awesome beers.

Or maybe I should be honest and say: I had an awesome time in Copenhagen drinking beer, and though I remember drinking the special xmas beer, I don't remember if it was any good. Still, it warms my tired mind to think about that beer, that city, and the easy and fun times I had there.

A Pennsylvania Christmas beer from my upbringing....Olde Frothlingslosh, the "Pale Stale Beer with the foam on the bottom". I think I've seen something recently that the Pittsburgh Brewing Co. may be resurrecting it again.

While we are talking beer I am wondering if anyone has tried the new Stainless Steel growlers?
I haven't used the Hydro Flask if you're referring specifically to that but I use a 40 oz kleen kanteen for my fills. I've heard the Hydro Flask lives up to the billing though, keeping the beer cold for a long time.

A normal 64oz growler is generally to much for me too consume in a reasonable time so I really like the 40oz kleen kanteen for that reason.