Seattle Fly Fishing Rideshare?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Courtesy Flush, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Chris Puma

Chris Puma hates waking up early

[​IMG]

2. Ben Waldschmidt

Ben Waldschmidt Member

Hell Yeah!!! Then I could row my toon, troll a bugger, AND drink a beer (actually 2 beers) at the same time...totally the ultimate experience.

3. Eric Tarcha

Eric Tarcha gear whore

i want one!!!!

4. Courtesy Flush

Courtesy Flush aka Sean

I'll be there... with the Beerbelly. This thing has saved me a lot money at Mariners games.

5. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

All that beer drinking you better invest in a beer recycling bladder to accept the recycled beer from your own bladder. Save a lot of time kicking back and forth to shore and timing your piss breaks in the woods so the unsuspecting public does not get a full monty.

6. Chris Puma

hey shaun, i'll one up ya.

[​IMG]

7. Courtesy Flush

Courtesy Flush aka Sean

What the hell is that - a floating shitter?

~ sEAn

8. Chris Puma

why yes it most certainly is... for those times when going number one is just not enough!

9. Sean Beauchamp

Sean Beauchamp Heavies...

if its bright and sunny, expect to see me creepin around the banks spankin carp! probably get there about 4:30

10. JesseC

JesseC Active Member

Anyone want to take an afternooon trip over to the middle fork of snoqualmie after work on Thursday? (that's tomorrow 5/20)

I'm thinking about heading out of work around 3PM from the east side. I work in Bellevue and can pick someone up.

I'm a beginner, but I promise I wont kick rocks upstream or bug you with a gajillion questions. Also, since i'm the newbie, I don't mind paying for gas. I'm headed out there anyhow.

-Jesse

11. herl

herl Member

Jesse - the current conditions would be pretty brutal for trying to fish on the middle fork. Especially for a beginner. The water is high and probably dirty. Fishing doesn't get consistently good or easy up there until the water is below 1000 cfs (it's 3800 now) and cleans up a bit - usually after the 4th of July.

By all means, go check it out though - just don't be discouraged if you have a rough outing.

Keep watching the flows (http://waterdata.usgs.gov/wa/nwis/u...&format=gif_default&period=7&site_no=12141300) for a few low days with consistent weather - you can probably get in a few decent outings in the next couple months.

Eric

12. Allison

Allison Banned or Parked

Pity, I was keen to go to Al's and tie flies. Trying to meet up with a bunch of strangers at Green Lake=not so much.

13. Ben Waldschmidt

Ben Waldschmidt Member

We kinda figure that the whole idea is to fish, not just talk about it all the time. Don't see what's so horrible w/ meeting strangers while fishing. If possibly you feel safer meeting a bunch of strangers at a dive bar, I'm sure we will all be there sometime soon. :beer2:

14. JesseC

JesseC Active Member

Thanks much for the advice. Flows site is bookmarked now. Oh well, at least that'll give me a darned good excuse when I inevitably get skunked ;) I'll be sure to stick to shore. I figure I'll still head out, any day out there practicing some casts is a good one for me.

15. Allison

Allison Banned or Parked

It's not a matter of fear, not at all, it's about logistics and chatting. I can go fish GL any time I want, but to meet some of the ppl from the forum in a social setting would be a lot of fun. I don't tend to chitter chatter much when fitchin'. Plus, how does this work? Hop in your toob and kick around asking ppl if they are from the forum?:rolleyes: