NFR Seattle Sports Thread

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Jarin Jones, Apr 5, 2012.

?

How many wins will the Seahawks get this year?

1. 10

33.3%
  2. 9

20.0%
  3. 8

13.3%
  4. 7

33.3%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jarin Jones

Jarin Jones Member

I posted the new Seahawks Jersey on th Mariners are world champions thread and decided that I should just make a new thread altogether for sports talk. Ill start us off by asking about the 'Hawks new jerseys and a reasonable win total with Matt Flynn coming to town, does the Pineda for Montero trade look for us as of now, The Husky's Terrence Ross and Tony Wroten deciding to go pro, or anything really.

2. Paul_

Paul_ Active Member

All I can say is Seattle Sports are in trouble if I go by what I hear on Seattle sports radio. Now that KJR has an FM station, I can hear them down here in SW WA. Here is what I've heard the past few weeks during the afternoon drive time- NIT games (that the Huskies weren't in) and the worst of all Soccer talk. Even the Portland sports station don't talk Soccer. C'mon Seattle your better than that!

3. Jarin Jones

Jarin Jones Member

I cant stand soccer either, and that whole think with there being no teams that could move to Seattle has been a wet blanket over everything too.

4. Dan Nelson

Dan Nelson Hiker, Fisher, Writer, Bum

Home Page:
    Only Seattle sports team worth watch is the Storm. Womens B-Ball is where it's at!

5. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

There are other places to talk about sport teams. This is a fly fishing site. It would be best to keep it as such. A little NFR is fine but when you bring all sports in to it it takes away from what this site is all about

6. Marc Stelting

Marc Stelting Member

Grouch!!!!:)

7. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

R
    Right on.

There is time and place for everything. If everybody started talking about the shitty sports in Seattle. It would take away what this forum is about. Fly fishing.

Me, I don't think the Sea chickens are going any place. They don't have a good Quarterback. What they have now is nothing.

8. t_law

t_law Active Member

Over 38,000 soccer fans selling out CL field every home game is all that needs to be said. It will probably never overtake the NFL market here in the states but soccer is quickly becoming the 2nd most popular professional sport in America. Go Sounders!

Skysoldier likes this.
  9. ak_powder_monkey

ak_powder_monkey Proud to Be Alaskan

hawks were a QB away from a 10+ win season last year

10. Dehlan G

Dehlan G Member

The Ms are sure looking good as of right now. Chone Figgins, where was this last year man???

11. Skysoldier

Skysoldier FUBAR

Agree!

12. ak_powder_monkey

I'd rather watch LAX than soccer, hell I'd rather watch waterpolo, curling, handball indoor soccer. They need to learn how to use a count down clock.

13. generic

generic Justified

Not only that, but have you ever seen how those guys act when they get kicked in the shin? The guy rolls around on the ground for what seems like five minutes (as if he's really torn something up), cries out in pain, crawls off the field.... only to show up five minutes later sprinting down the field! What a bunch of fake pansy asses!

And to the comment about selling out soccer games - I wonder what percentage of those fans are originally from another country vs converted fans from here in the US?

14. generic

generic Justified

BTW, not that I don't like the new jerseys, but when did neon green come back into style? I thought it went out when "Neon Deon" retired. :D

15. ak_powder_monkey

So up here in Alaska our cable provider dropped root sports, no problem I think, I'll just watch the games on the internet... NOPE the games are BLACKED OUT in Alaska.... WTF????