NFR Seattle Sports Thread

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Jarin Jones, Apr 5, 2012.

?

How many wins will the Seahawks get this year?

1. 10

33.3%
  2. 9

20.0%
  3. 8

13.3%
  4. 7

33.3%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. pastorbrian

pastorbrian Member

Nope. Its popular here because there isn't anything to watch in winter/spring. Soccer fans have been saying this since the 70's. Still hasn't overtaken anything. Even nascar passed it! (joke intended!)

2. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

But the constant stream of Montana weather reports is okay by your standards...crabass!

jeff bandy likes this.
  3. t_law

t_law Active Member

Typical American with ADD response. Nice!
    Hard for me to justify a response to you Dave, but I'll play. From you clueless response I already know you've never played the game so I know you have no idea what it feels like to take a stud to the shin, knee, generally anywhere below the waist, hey how about the chest: That guy did roll around on the ground for a little bit but he got back up, finished the game and helped his team win the World Cup. Would you call that guy a pansy ass to his face? How's this for pansy ass? You think that's fake? Zakuani still isn't back to full strength after snapping both of his bones and it's been almost a year!
    Hmmmmmm.......Basketball, both NBA and NCAA, starts in November. Oh, there's NHL too. And Baseball just started. There's always something to watch just depends on your preference. And NASCAR isn't a sport, more like a red-neck hobby.

4. ak_powder_monkey

ak_powder_monkey Proud to Be Alaskan

The field is just way the hell to big in soccer, if it were played in a hockey rink sized field I'd totally watch. People are going to sounders games because they win, its that simple, that and the lack of NHL or NBA team in Seattle gives them a boost.

Soccer is fun to play, boring as hell to watch, and why on earth can't they just stop the clock instead of guessing how many minutes of stoppage time at the end of the game to add, its freaking dumb. It has nothing to do with ADD I love watching baseball more than just about any sport. Shit football has less action than soccer they only play for like 5 seconds at a time.

5. generic

generic Justified

No t_law, I didn't play soccer, I played footbal. We didn't have shin gaurds either - but the other guys... had helmets. Ever got a helmet to the shin?

Come on man! I just can't watch a sport that guys act like their near death, then pop up and run for another hour. You made my case for me.

Alex MacDonald likes this.
  6. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald that's His Lordship, to you.....

I'm with Mr. Kaiserman here. And I ran right wing for years on a soccer team! Way too many drama queens on the front row now! Nah... give me the NZ All Blacks; Haka!!!!

7. IveofIone

IveofIone Active Member

Seattle Sports?----oxymoron

Support the Mariners move to Salt Lake City.