Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Secret creek

7K views 52 replies 28 participants last post by  Old Man 
#1 ·
I had an Awesome day fishing my new favorite spot a creek loaded with cutthroat and small steelhead probably jacks, nymhing produced nothing yesterday and nothing today but wooly buggers and dries did great one hint it is a tributary of the skykomish river

#3 ·
If it has small steelhead in it, you are almost certainly fishing closed waters. Are you sure it is listed as open in the WDFW regulations? If it is a Puget Sound stream and is not explicitly listed as open, then it's closed.

#9 ·
I also have a secret creek I like to fish, it is the prettiest place on earth. The fish are all 20"+ and will take dry flies all day long, all of the other fisherman I see there are women in bikinis, and there are almost always unicorns frolicking on the shore. One hint it is a tributary of the Columbia, hope to see you out there.

Here is an image i took, i made sure the GPS function was turned off.

#12 ·
I have mentioned places here on line. If it was all easy to get to, there would be people there all the time. If there is a little work getting to some spots, no amount of work is going to get to many people there.

And one the other hand if I told somebody about a good spot they would got there and fish it out. This happened to me one time. I found out if I mention a spot here, they all think it is bogus and don't go there.

#18 ·
I have mentioned places here on line. If it was all easy to get to, there would be people there all the time. If there is a little work getting to some spots, no amount of work is going to get to many people there.

And one the other hand if I told somebody about a good spot they would got there and fish it out. This happened to me one time. I found out if I mention a spot here, they all think it is bogus and don't go there.
I think I've explored more little blue lines based on OMJ tidbits than just about anything else. He's put a wealth of info on this forum if you're willing to dig for it. Fortunately everybody just ignores the old man for the most part, so many of these spots stay under the radar. :p

#17 ·
I was going to put one up with a rainbow but my combination of google search words to find a picture with a unicorn\rainbow\etc. led me to discover that some people like to dress up as ponys\unicorns\furrys and do the dirty. I cant explain why but I am a little intrigued...

I am not sure what bearing this has on the current conversation but felt it should be included.

#22 ·
Yeah, I met up with a old fly angler who sometimes posts on this forum, but doesn't spell all his word correctly. His grammar and punctuation seem good enough to get the message across. If I were to judge him as a human being and fisherman based solely on how well he spells his words and writes his posts, I'd be so far off the mark that I'd be the idiot.

Turns out this guy began fly fishing as a kid over 60 years ago in Montana, ties beautiful flies, really knows how to lay out an elegant cast, knows his home waters like the backs of his hands, is savvy and tight lipped, volunteers his time to throw hatchery carcasses back on the stream banks on frozen winter days, helps mentor other anglers, and went to the trouble to meet up with me and show me some of his local water. I've only fished with him twice, but I hope something rubbed off his gnarly hide and stuck with me, if only a tolerance for the spelling mistakes of otherwise knowledgeable and savvy country folk who might have missed out on a little formal education.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.