Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Seep Lakes Report for 5-12

638 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Egas 
#1 ·
Fished Nunully and Bobbie yesterday from noon till 4 with no luck. The bloom was on and it was dead. Lots of activity from the sun fish though. Not sure that things are not going to have to cool down over there before it's fishing good again.

If you're determined, fish it early before the gunk rises. One fella said that it fished good early on with little tiny midge dries but it all went dead by around the time we got on. Typical.

I hope they are planning a rehab on that system soon. Too far to drive for that action (lack of).

#2 ·
So the algae and weeds are summertime thickness already? Did you see any fish cruising the shallows? PM me if you want, but I'm thinking about heading over there next weekend. I haven't been there in a few years, so I kind of miss the place. Did you see or try Lenice? Thanks for any info.

#3 ·
Tim Cottage and I fished the bay at the inlet end of Bobby perhaps a month ago. The water level looked to be down about a foot and a half or more, making made the launch area a muddy, mucky mess that sucked at our fins and feet like quicksand. Once on the water, it was nearly impossible to avoid kicking up bottom silt and gunk with every fin stroke. Fishing was slow (for me at least) although Tim took several fish in the couple hours we were there.

K

#4 ·
With the cool weather system heading our way I would try Lenice or the west end of Nunnully after a few days. Then maybe you would just have the old worry of being blown off like the good old days.
Early mornings would work good too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.