Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

September Pink Reports

19K views 182 replies 56 participants last post by  Ian Broadie 
#1 ·
Since we had 27 some pages thought it was fitting to start a new thread. Any word on how the run is post gillnets on the Duwamish? I'm hoping to get my 6 year old niece into her first fish tomorrow with the oink Barbie rod I bought for her birthday.

#115 ·
I had a decent and quiet morning in the Seattle area, though I had quite a few shit hook sets. The fish are getting kind of nippy. Anyhow at 0 dark 30 I was kind of relaxing, watching the fish fin around on top, listening to the birds, standing knee deep in water and had a bull sea lion surface 15 or so feet away. Damn near had to change my underoos!

#118 ·
You've quickly made yourself into the position of my least favorite poster. God forbid some of us actually get out and have fun catching and enjoying one of the last healthy fisheries we have left.

So you've smoked up twelve thousand
pounds of pinks,

give a half ton to the
neighbors,

and caught a shit load of
easy to catch fish.......

Woo Woo look at me!

If it ain't a Ho or a King
throw it back.

DK

#121 ·
I was making fun of a fishery that brings out the worst
in people,

saying they will get hundreds of fish and thinking it was a big deal.

It changes from a sport to a cluster f ***.

Wow I caught 1,000 pinks,

If you got 10 Coho or Kings
then we are talking.

Go have fun. Go fish.

Dave

#128 ·
So anyway.........I have not see a lot of spawned out pinks yet on the sky, and yet someone tells me the run is over? I think not. Was it Evan or Ian that talked about rain. Yep, need some rain to bring them in no? Lots rolling this morning on the Sky but lock-jawed. Teasers is what they are.

Oh, and Dave, (Go Fish) Pinks aren't any easier or harder to catch than Silvers or Kings, and catching is catching, fun is fun. don't be a salmon snob and don't be an ass. Simple rules to live by.

#131 ·
Oh here we go. The reason why 'go fish' hates pinks is b/c he owns land and hates the people who go fishing for pinks.

I own class one tidelands and am fortunate
not to have any public access points
near by. The only people that walk
my beach are neighbors or friends of
them. The unwritten rule is pick up
nothing on a beach that isn't yours
unless you ask first. Never had any
issues in 11 years but thats because
of the limited access which keeps the
public out.

I would ban the pink hunting hoards
from my beach.
Well good job owning the tidelands. Awful lot of good that's doing for ya... full of poison posting hate on a message board.

What is point of owning tidelands anyway, other than to limit access? Just for fun, DK also wrote:

All the things that I enjoy about fishing a
shoreline seem to be eaten up by the crowds
of treble hook nosed mugwumps.
Use of the word 'mugwumps' indicate DK is ancient. Owning class 1 tideslands supports this case.

He also asserted 50% of the 'mugwumps' use treble hooks. Probably not true.

So he doesn't like the fact that its 2011 and his once empty shoreline are being trampled upon by non-English speakers of dubious ethnicity. Apparently his class 1 tidelands aren't enough.

edit: by examining Dave K's 50 recent posts, it indicated he's a Class 1 Tidelands owner living on low income. His car is 20+ years old, and he complains about his $340/month tax bill. Well DK, Class 1 Tidelands aren't free! Maybe if you planned for your retirement better you wouldn't be sweating the small stuff.

Also, he publicly admits to defrauding the State of Washington by making AND SELLING counterfeit Discovery Passes. Congratulations DK, you know how to use a copy machine. Next thing he'll be telling us how he was able to score extra napkins and ketchup packets from the burger restaurant drive-thru.

#132 ·
Use of the word 'mugwumps' indicate DK is ancient. Owning class 1 tideslands supports this case.

He also asserted 50% of the 'mugwumps' use treble hooks. Probably not true.

So he doesn't like the fact that its 2011 and his once empty shoreline are being trampled upon by non-English speakers of dubious ethnicity. Apparently his class 1 tidelands aren't enough.

edit: by examining Dave K's 50 recent posts, it indicated he's a Class 1 Tidelands owner living on low income. His car is 20+ years old, and he complains about his $340/month tax bill. Well DK, Class 1 Tidelands aren't free! Maybe if you planned for your retirement better you wouldn't be sweating the small stuff.

Also, he publicly admits to defrauding the State of Washington by making AND SELLING counterfeit Discovery Passes. Congratulations DK, you know how to use a copy machine. Next thing he'll be telling us how he was able to score extra napkins and ketchup packets from the burger restaurant drive-thru.
:rofl: Not sure why some people have to be so bitter. Oh well.

#136 ·
I have seen a lot of spawning pinks in the forks of the Skykomish River, as well as the upper portion of the one of the Skagit River tributaries. Season after season, I have yet to cease being impressed by the drive of these little salmon. Suffice to say, give them a trickle and they will spawn. If anything concerns me, it is the lack of spawning Chinook salmon.

#140 ·
Hit the Snoho this mornin with Itchy Dog. We both hooked up pretty quickly, both of us losing our first fish. Then things got tough for a few hours while we scratched our heads. I managed to hit a fish here and there, but nothing consistent considering how many were around.

Tied on a white fly, and managed to land 4 more fish in about 30mins before I had to bail. The fish definitely didn't show the "spunk" that has been so common with this run. Only had a few hard runs out of them, but most fish were dominated quite easily.

Ended up 6 for... I dunno... 10-12? Something like that. I lost a lot. But yeah... White got the job done.

#146 ·
Actually, I was speaking specifically about Pinks in the salt. I don't fish the rivers for them as the rivers close by are so crowded so as to not make it enjoyable. I would agree there are still a couple of weeks left in the rivers. I am turning my attentions to coho in the salt about now.

#150 ·
Pinks in the Snoqualmie today.. not that I could catch a damn one, but they were there.. along with sea run's and quite a few par in close!

#154 ·
I havent been able to pull any pinks out of the Puyallup on the fly rod, which is strange as I have been trying all of my go to flies and at different depths.
I must be doing something wrong...

Anyways, tons of Pinks are rising too, does anybody use dry flies? What kind of dry would you use?

#156 ·
m.albrecht, Mukilteo is a tough case. the problem is how close to shore the fish will be. i have caught pinks there but only the buzz bomb.
the reason is you normally have to cast as far out as you can (buzzbomb) and hope there are fish swimming in your zone.
plus you have boat traffic, ferry traffic and sea lions. the fish just dont want to get that close. but who knows you could get lucky.
if you have a small boat that would put you in the zone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.