Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

September Pink Reports

19K views 182 replies 56 participants last post by  Ian Broadie 
#1 ·
Since we had 27 some pages thought it was fitting to start a new thread. Any word on how the run is post gillnets on the Duwamish? I'm hoping to get my 6 year old niece into her first fish tomorrow with the oink Barbie rod I bought for her birthday.

#157 ·
Snoho river was good last night. Still seems to be fresh fish pushing upriver (landed three chrome hens) and they like to bite chartreuse or pink flash flies.

Fished Bush Pt. this morning and saw a few pinks jumping around before high tide (8am) then the rest of the jumpers were Coho. Not a lot of backcast room at high tide so I fished the gear rod and went 0/1 with a nice coho.

#158 ·
Spokane Bridge was extremely slow today. Some bite in the morning, virtually none later, although the fish were there.

Guy snagged a very nice coho next to me, put it back. At least 8 lbs.

edit: it was a snagfest. For each caught in the mouth, figure 8 snagged and sent back. There was a boat with 7 dudes on it snagging the evening away, parked in the left side of the channel. Boo.

#174 ·
Dave, you have been quite the unpleasant fellow the last month or so.... I am more surprised that no one has said anything worse to you. I know you don't understand that your posts were at best ridiculous or at worst offensive and I cannot make you understand that this is the case.

Just keep in mind that your actions online can generate reactions from people that may not be to your liking and if you are not careful they could actually influence someones opinion of you if they were to meet you outside of the forum. Who knows, maybe you are quite the pleasant fellow outside of the forum but when one acts foolish for a long enough period of time, either on an internet forum or in real life, one can eventually expect to be told to "Go eat a dick" in some fashion or another.

Thank you,

#175 ·
So I know I'm late in the season for pinks, but I'm new to fly fishing and would like to get at least one this season...just to feel a nice fish on my 8wt. I'd like to hit one of the S rivers, and was wondering what the local experts would suggest. I've looked around in this forum for advice, and I was really hoping this thread would be telling, but really it's just been hijacked by some folks. If you go back and read from the start i thinkyou'll see what I mean. Anyways, I'm not lookng for specific spots on rivers, just a sense of which rivers hold the best odds at this late date for getting pinks. I was thinking the Skajit, but I simply don't know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.