SFR: cat piss on goretex waders

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Jim Speaker, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

Home Page:
    Well, I'm allergic, so I don't keep them in the house, and never cared for them anyways (I'm definitely a dog person). Unfortunately, as you well know having had cats, they're sneaky creatures. No matter how hard you try, you leave a door open for half a second, they'll sneak in. And having any garage door with opener gives a cat PLENTY of time to sneak in. Let alone if you're working in and out of the garage. I've cat proofed quite a few of my rooms in my garage/shop. They still get in somehow. Thankfully, there's very little human smells in those areas (since my fishing room is seperate from the garage), so all they have is mechanical smells from saws, drills, etc.

Hmmmmmm, wonder if that would work with cats? Hell, I know my dogs will always mark over what I just "marked" out in the wild. LOL.

Kent Lufkin likes this.
  2. GAT

GAT Dumbfounded

Sure it will work with cats. I had to mark our backyard to keep the neighbor cats out of my territory. It is a one beer yard.

Jim Wallace and Kent Lufkin like this.
  3. zen leecher aka bill w

zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Here's a link to the article I was talking about.

http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/outdoors/2013/may/15/every-bird-dog-owner-needs-skunk-kit/

Jim Speaker likes this.
  4. Jim Speaker

Jim Speaker Active Member

Home Page:
    I actually have a couple cats that I got for my son. I know it wasn't them, they were indoors when it happened. Pretty sure I know which neighbor cat did it. Not about to do anything in retribution to the cat, though, that's not right. Yes, yes I'm familiar with what it pissing on my waders meant - I am just really pissed off about it and thus was venting... and yep I figured it was probly because the waders smelled like me ... But again: pissed off and venting.

Thanks all for the links and suggestions.

Actually, I think I'll keep my air soft mp5 or pistol in the garage so if its snooping around I can show it it is not welcome, without doing any real damage to it.

Kent Lufkin likes this.
  5. DanielOcean

DanielOcean Steelhead Virgin

This thread is so entertaining.

6. FLYFLICKER

FLYFLICKER Chris

7. JesseC

JesseC Active Member

You are entitled however to eat 2lbs of asparagus and piss through the cat owners open sunroof on a warm upcoming summer day. Just marking some territory......bro.

8. Jim Speaker

Home Page:

Yeah. Not so much. :mad:

Think I'm going to be avoiding vinegar. If I need to call Simms, and they say it's okay, then yep, otherwise nope, nothing acidic.

9. Jim Speaker

Home Page:

LMAO. I should probably do that at night as well, huh?

10. Jim Speaker

Home Page:
    [​IMG]

A couple of these, from my non-lethal collection, will live in the garage from now on. The co2 pistol at the bottom is quietest, and shoots straight at 400fps... I'm thinking it will be the neighbor cat repellent of choice. If that doesn't do the trick I'm supposing the all-metal electric mp5 will do the trick with a couple full auto bursts. I was thinking I'd need to repel raccoons with them at my new house - meh, cats, raccoons, what's the diff?

11. David Loy

David Loy Senior Moment

Not the story I alluded to above but in the 80s I had a dominant neighbor cat that would raid the porch for our cat's food, etc. Pissed there too. I was fortunate one day to close the door on the cat, trapping him. Had a full bottle of cheap cologne from some wedding gift (Brut or Hai Karate I think). Soaked the cat with the whole bottle full of dominant scent. Never saw him again.

12. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide.

Cranberry Country...a glorified coastal swamp!
    I am not a cat lover, and a cat that pissed on any of my personal belongings would be "disappeared."

I found a product in the Surf Shop that is supposed to remove "wet suit stink." Wet suit stink is not nearly as bad as cat piss, but it can get pretty bad. this stuff is a highly penetrating biological formula that is used for soaking neoprene booties, gloves, hoods and wetsuits.

My suit was stiinking the other day while I was trapped in it waiting for the locksmith to show up. It was a hot day, and although the locksmith arrived in short order, I was alread parboiling in my own steaminess. It never felt so good to get my car unlocked, and thus finally be able to change out of my wetsuit, which is going into its 3rd year now. Surfing wetsuits aren't built with "flies".
    So I went ahead and bought some "Pau Pilau biological wetsuit cleaner." Haven't had a chance to use it yet.

Real catchy name, eh? "Pau Pilau" translated loosely from the Hawaiian: "No moah da kine stink."

13. Brady Burmeister

Brady Burmeister Active Member

Cats are pointless

14. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide.

Cranberry Country...a glorified coastal swamp!
    I loaned a large hava-heart trap to a neighbor who was having problems with raccoons invading thru his cat entry door. He caught one raccoon and drove it miles away and let it go. It ceased to be a problem.
    Later he caught another one, but he noticed it was a female that was lactating, so he just turned it loose, after letting it stew in the trap for a while with the neighbor's pit bull barking at it. It ceased to be a problem.
    Then, some aggro male cat started invading and fighting with his cats, and raiding their food dish, trying to take over. That cat was caught in the same trap, and exported to the next zip code, and turned loose where it had a lot of coyotes as new neighbors. It ceased to be a problem.;)

15. DanielOcean

DanielOcean Steelhead Virgin

Dude if you chase that cat away with a full auto airsoft gun PLEASE video tape it.

Gary Knowels likes this.