Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Sh*t I'm Lucky

4K views 31 replies 26 participants last post by  Ian Horning 
#1 ·
So this happened recently when out for SRCs.

Water Fish Fisherman Fin Bait

The thing went airborne about ten times. Tailed, pic snapped, and off he rumbled.
Dude had seen some sh*t. He had a big gash on the other side from a seal, or a net maybe, and of course has yet to shed his spawning colors. Hopefully whichever river he came from will see him again.

See less See more
#13 ·
Yes !! Nice job. That is rare and an understatement. A lot of them are coming out now. I was out SRC fishing about a week ago and there was this really large couple of rolls and this fish porpoised a couple of time right at the edge of the beach and it was huge. Too big for most SRC's. So their coming out still.

#25 · (Edited)
Every April kelt I've run into on the Sol duc would crush the 1st thing that landed near it. Hyper aggressive fish, 99% of them are re-brite hens.

That's nice to see a buck survive the rigor of spawning & make it back to the salt, has to be somewhat of a rarity

c/22

Reactions: GOTY
#26 ·
Every April kelt I've run into on the Sol duc would crush the 1st thing that landed near it. Hyper aggressive fish, 99% of them are re-brite hens.

That's nice to see a buck survive the rigor of spawning & make it back to the salt, has to be somewhat of a rarity

c/22
I landed an April kelt on the Cle Elum a few years back. Bright red-sided buck that had plenty of bumps and bruises from his travels. Certainly and unexpected catch on the size 16 dropped nymph he hit.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

#27 ·
So this happened recently when out for SRCs.

View attachment 141623
The thing went airborne about ten times. Tailed, pic snapped, and off he rumbled.
Dude had seen some sh*t. He had a big gash on the other side from a seal, or a net maybe, and of course has yet to shed his spawning colors. Hopefully whichever river he came from will see him again.
Nice job! I see you buy the same beach wading shoes as me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.