Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Silver Src?

Tags
silver
2K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  SalishSeaAngler 
#1 ·
Unlike many of the frequent posters in this forum, I have had a pretty slow spring when it comes to the salt. Lots of driving, occasional one fish days, skunked on the canal, etc. I've been looking forward a lot to may when (over the past few years) I have been able to find some nice coastal cutthroat gorging on salmon fry. I should point out that I generally fish between Seattle and Everett so the scene tends to start a bit later from what I can tell.

A few days ago on a falling tide I did pull out this 16-17 inch beauty of a fish on a fry pattern. I initially thought coho based on the chrome color and frenzied fight, but when I looked more closely I believe it was just a dime bright cutthroat with no throat slash and a nice fat adipose,

I don't like taking these fish out of the water so my apologies for the photo. Hopefully there are more of these in the coming weeks.

As always, any thoughts or advice from better anglers is much appreciated.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.