Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Skagit float question.

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Evan Virnoche 
#1 ·
Hey guys. It's been years since I've been on the Skagit in a boat and those were always big sleds. My question is. Can I float from either swift creek to steelhead park or steelhead park to fabers in a low profile flyfishing style drift boat (RO Deville)? As I said it's been a long time thinking there might have been some pretty heavy water coming into the mixer? Is my memory playing tricks? If there is heavy water can I stay to the side and get by in my lo pro? Dont recall there being anything remotely scary on the upper float I mentioned. Any info you could give would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

#3 ·
I agree with _WW_ - I would float the HMSP to Faber's or you could look at Faber's to Concrete/Baker River. That might get you some more time on the sticks, a little more water too - stay to the right of the big island just above Jackman creek. Its your call - be fishy, be safe, and enjoy the Skagit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.