Skagit tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by stewart dee, Nov 6, 2010.

1. stewart dee

stewart dee Guest

Going to fish the Skagit tomorrow. Anyone like to join me?

2. Panhandle

Panhandle Active Member

I'd love to.

3. Matthew Gulbranson

Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

I'll be there. If you see a blue Vibe with a roof box it's me. I've been jonesin like crazy lately so am really looking forward to standing in some water, fish or no fish. Let's hope this rain tonight doesn't do some damage. Hope to run into you!

4. BDD

BDD Active Member

Home Page:
    Whatcha swinging for? Early winter brats? Salmon? Bulls? Just curious as to the action...long time since I have fished it this time of year.

5. Matthew Gulbranson

BDD, the answer is Yes.

6. stewart dee

stewart dee Guest

Ohh yeah with the rain the upper Skagit will be in shape. Steel and Bulls! Howard Miller Steelhead Park at 7:00 if anyone feels the need to fish the Skagit then feel free to show up - should be a good day.

7. slugthug

slugthug Member

How was the outing?

8. BDD

BDD Active Member

Home Page:
    iagree

Would love to hear a report on what you found!

9. Matthew Gulbranson

It was decent. Hooked more chum than I landed (3), and one Bull. Was a nice day to be on the water, I needed it. The term 'moldy chum' applied to several that liked to hang around my legs. Met up with Steward D later in the morning and another gent (sorry I'm tired and can't remember your name - please remind me). I tested out some freshly tied intruders, and started thinking about winter steel with a fresh coat of snow on the peaks.

10. stewart dee

stewart dee Guest

Good day to fish with nice weather overhead. I fished with a 12'6" #6 and that is fun on a large river.

11. golfman65

golfman65 Guest

yummm...chumy sat.

I know i'm nuts but I love chum wrestling...not many fish take you to the backing knot but chum and steel..(fresh water)...Amazed how hard this one faught and it had a seal bite (healed) that looked like it nearly took it's ass off...got a much brighter one that didn't do chit..but roll like a coho...thought that kind of weird..but was glad to see the chum come out in Mr. Ugly...

mainly wanted to try out the new 15' 8/9 mks..since the T. isn't opening this year bawling: got to fish it somewhere's...did some line testing etc...freaking forgot my waders so had to run down to holiday sport and buy a $42 (sale) pair of neo's to wear...nothing like fishing with a "boner in your sweatpants" look!!!

Thought the bulls would be out more but only one landed by my sleeping immigrant bud...still all in all a pretty fun day...

12. stewart dee

stewart dee Guest

You should rock those neo's at the Skagit Spey Clave this year.:rofl: And that really is Matthew in his avatar.

13. constructeur

constructeur Active Member

Sissy!! My wife took mine out of the car a couple weeks back and I wet waded like M A N!

14. Matthew Gulbranson

Stew....you edited the good stuff out of your post! I was going to respond but didn't have time until now. No worries, I thought it was funny stuff.

The only problem with getting out was that now I want to go again, and it's gonna be a while (December). It's like getting a taste of your old drug of choice, then someone takes it away. I think I gotta crack a beer now, sheesh.

15. bconrad

bconrad Active Member

Dude golfman, that rig had me sitting there for a minute and a half with a glassy far away look in my eyes and drool running down the side of my chin. Please tell me that's not an Olson 'cause if it is I am gonna be even more jealous.