Skunked for coho in MA9

But I did catch and release this chinook. I feel very fortunate. I was out with a good buddy, and without his help, I don't think I would have landed this fish. He had to crank up the outboard and chase it twice in order to steer clear of a buoyed boat and a bridge abutment. Then he helped me strip off my running line and untangle a knot in case the fish was going to take a long run, which it did not. Finally, we got fish in net, snapped a photo, and said farewell. An exciting 10 minutes.
One of the great moments in a blessed life!
I'm going to buy a bigger net soon.

Attachments

ten80

I just checked the regs, and you are correct. Thanks. I will not make that mistake again.
The fish was released very promptly, however. We wasted no time.

I caught a ~25 lb hatchery king in area 9 yesterday as well, it was a shame to send it on it's way, but that's part of the game. We also caught one of nine coho counted at the Mukilteo ramp by 3 pm, so they are not in thick yet. Should be better coho numbers starting on Labor day (ish).

James- It was a privilege being there to see that fish and play a small part in it getting to the boat! We worked hard for that fish and is one I'll remember for a long time.

Coug84

Go Cougs!!!
But I did catch and release this chinook. I feel very fortunate. I was out with a good buddy, and without his help, I don't think I would have landed this fish. He had to crank up the outboard and chase it twice in order to steer clear of a buoyed boat and a bridge abutment. Then he helped me strip off my running line and untangle a knot in case the fish was going to take a long run, which it did not. Finally, we got fish in net, snapped a photo, and said farewell. An exciting 10 minutes.
One of the great moments in a blessed life!
I'm going to buy a bigger net soon.
:eek:

Don't buy a bigger net!!! You'll only jinx yourself!!!:D