Sky Question

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by jason.allen, Jul 11, 2013.

1. bhudda

bhudda heffe'

salmo yes on copper,could drop down too? I guess,have never seen the land just paper ..

2. Irafly

Irafly Indi "Ira" Jones

I just today tried to explain this concept to my wife and sister after we briefly watched a show about king salmon. I love that fish figure out how to find new habitat. I wish I would have thought of the Ice Age example.

3. Smalma

Smalma Active Member

The hike into the upper Chillawack Valley is a spectacular trip giving the hiker a snap shot of what the low land forest must of once been like in this region. You will find the classic example of old growth forest with huge cedars (diameters of 10 to 12 feet).

While seeing the various fish species (including sockeye and kokanee) is interesting the real eye opener is how wonderful that undistributed river habitat is. Once viewing that habitat it is easy to see why fish production levels have been so significantly reduced in nearly all of our streams.

Curt

BASS_TURDS and bhudda like this.
  4. Chris Johnson

Chris Johnson Member: Native Fish Society

You could hike to Hannegan Pass and camp, hike down the Chilliwack the next day. There are some spectacular views from the pass. The last time I was there we did see bears so hang your food.

5. Chris Johnson

Chris Johnson Member: Native Fish Society

I caught one just below Fortson in the early 90's

6. zen leecher aka bill w

zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

It's a few miles from the trailhead to Hannegan pass. I goat hunted up there in 1995. No goat. Also went up the ridge directly above the trailhead. Now that is some steep territory.