Smith's Boat Shop 8' Pram

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by yellowlab, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Jeff Dodd

Jeff Dodd Active Member

Casey, the bloom is thick but it does not seem to impact the fishing. Look forward to it clearing soon. Would not be suprised if yesterday's wind blew all the water out of the lake ha! Wind was coming out of the west, or over the heavily wooded hillside and down across the lake toward Bayview Rd. Don't think I've seen this in the 12 years I've lived at this location.

Post pictures when you take possesion of the Smith Boat.

Jeff

2. Casey Hodges

Casey Hodges Member

Yellowlab- Thanks for the advise. I went with the pocket pullers and the Smith oars. I am planning to wait on modding the seat until I have used the boat. I can always add supports later on my own. Is the traction sand added by the builder? I would choose to add a very small amount to the final spar coat.

Jeff- Crazy wind last night. Good thing the power only went out for a few minutes. See you out there!

3. yellowlab

yellowlab Active Member

Home Page:
    Consider the extension arms, otherwise your anchors will hit the boat. The sand is added after the interior epoxy and you can spar varnish over it.

4. Casey Hodges

Casey Hodges Member

Thanks again. I guess the sand is just finely ground sawdust and can be sanded out if it's too abrasive. I'm planning to stop by Smith's later this week and visit with Fred and Ron. The boat should be done soon.

5. yellowlab

yellowlab Active Member

Home Page:
    Get a rubber doormat and put it down, helps your flyflines and keeps you from slipping. You could almost nix the sawdust if you wanted. I find the carpeted doormat to be a nice platform to also rest my reel seats as to not scratch them.

6. Dick Warnke

Dick Warnke was Pram-Man

I got some indoor outdoor carpet and cut a piece for the bow half and the stern half. Works great.