Snoq Event Volunteer Thread

Discussion in 'Events' started by chadk, Sep 7, 2004.

1. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Being that this is starting so late in the day I guess that I will have to come early and just get in on some fishing. I can't stick around past 3:00PM.(I could use the 24 hour clock but not everybody knows what you are talking about) :rofl:

Probably start fishing about 0730 to 0800. And yes Dave, I can get up when I want to. :p :p :p :clown:

So I will probably start on the S/F around the place Flybill showed me.But for the life of me I can't remember the street number.

Jim

2. chadk

chadk Be the guide...

Jim - you are welcome to come and eat and drink and keep things enteraining for us :beer2: :clown: Maybe you can get some other guys to join you in some morning fishing and give us a report at the BBQ...

Desmond - right on! You are now the cheif cook. I have a medium sized gas BBQ, but we'll probably need at least one more.

Also, I have 3 tables that can seat about 4 each, plus additional seating for 4 or 5 more. So a few more chairs would be good and probably a few more tables for the Demos, Drawing, etc.

I was also considering setting up an area for casting to inlcude distance markers. I've never measured my casts, so this could be fun.

3. chadk

chadk Be the guide...

Nomlasder, would you be up for taking point on the cleanup effort? I don't care how you run it, just let everyone know. Also, let me know ahead of time if the 'donations' need to help cover any of your costs... Are you game??

Chris - what do you think of heading up the Demos? You have the demo T&T rods, and will have the WFF hats for people to check out \ buy - so I thought maybe you could help in that regard. Others have offered to bring bamboo rods and other things for guys to check out and cast. If you'd rather not, that's cool. All we really need is a designated table for Demo items to be shown.

Jim - you can be the official loud\foul mouthed grumpy old man who keeps everyone in line. Well, actually I was thinking you could bring along your favorite maps and show us all how you keep track of all your favorite fishing spots. You could have your own table and people could give you a few bucks (or drinks) in trade for one of your 'secret spots'. Would be kinda like a 'kissing booth'. :eek: Yikes - didn't need that visual in my head!! LOL

4. wet line

wet line New Member

11 works for me! All I need are some directions on how to get to your place.

My short list of things we will probably need are some type of tables, some rain flys, ice chests, BBQ's. I figure everyone can bring their own device to sit on. Jim's kissing booth will take a bit more work but I think I have something figured out for that LOL.

About how many lineal feet of 2 foot wide tables do you think we will need? I will get those made up once I know.

Some people volunteering ice chests would be welcomed!
    I have one medium and one small.

A few people bringing their BBQ is going to be essential and how many we will need I haven't a clue! I would guess maybe 4 in total and I have none.

FlyBill I lost your e-mail and certainly appreciate your help and any and all ideas.

If anyone can add to what we need for set-up as far as ice chests and BBQ,s or other stuff you can e-mail me at dsu126@aol.com

Dave

5. Chris Scoones

Chris Scoones Administrator Staff Member

The reels for the rods haven't been obtained yet. I'll likely be getting Loop Evotech's accross the board but likely they won't be available until the November party. Regardless, for those who would like to put your reels on some nifty rods, I'll have Thomas and Thomas 4, 6 & 8wt Helix's at the gig. I'll also have on hand at least one of the WaterMaster's.

Items for drawing I have so far to add to the mix: A very sweet landing net by Fisknat pictured in an attachment on this post. Also, a few fly boxes and various accessories by Cliff Outdoors. Streamsideflyshop.com has also thrown in a Tioga 10. Many thanks to Mike Dickson for that.

6. chadk

chadk Be the guide...

Awesome Chris!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :beer2:

Dave - thanks for taking charge. I have a medium sized ice chest that will be available. We'll have a better head count by the end of the week. Right now I can see as few as 10 or as many as 30 showing up.... (but with cool prizes like Chris posted, we may draw a big crowd...)

Since you are the 'facilities' guy, I just wanted to note that this is strictly a backyard event. The house is listed 'for sale' and will not be available - even to get out of the rain. The dowstairs bathroom WILL be available though - so don't worry about that :)

7. Chris Scoones

Chris Scoones Administrator Staff Member

Come on Chad. I think you're blowing a really good opportunity to open your house to potential buyers. You need to look past the fact that we'll all likely be wearing muddy wading boots and show us how comfortable it feels to walk on your light color carpets. :p

8. wet line

wet line New Member

Chad I will cancell the Porta Potty delivery seeing we can use the bathroom LOL!

As I kind of recall you have some fairly large tress in the backyard so if need be I could rig up a big tarp in case of rain.

Dave

9. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Flies

Boy,that last big fly box made me want to drool. Lots of dries that I always seem to use and lose. And the small ones aren't to bad either. Besides I don't need a net as I never catch anything. :beathead:

Jim

<Chris Scoones> Sorry Jim but the flies are not included. It's just the stock photo of the product which displays it full, obviously. <Chris Scoones>

10. chadk

chadk Be the guide...

Dave, I agree, no need to cancel in the event of rain. May keep some guys away, but I'm always up for some good BBQ (or bad BBQ for that matter). Tarps will work, and I also have some extra if needed.

Chris - the muddy felt soles are bad, but the studded boots on my hardwoods would not be good at all - don't ask how I know... You may be on to something though. I'll call my agent and see if she can hang out with us and hand out some flyers :)

11. wet line

wet line New Member

Chad those studded boots add antiquing to your hardwood floors! At least that is what I told my former wife! :rofl:

Dave

12. Bart

Bart New Member

Chad,

I'll help Dave and Flybill as well as Desmond with the cooking. I have been known to cook a little BBQ.

Bart

13. wet line

wet line New Member

Bart, thanks for the help in advance. Bill and I plan on being at Chad's at 11.

We need 1 more BBQ guys and gals, unless you like waiting in line.

Dave

14. Bart

Bart New Member

Dave,

Glad to help. I'll see you there, if we ever figure out where there is.

Bart

15. chadk

chadk Be the guide...

LOL. Don't worry Bart. I'll send directions this week. It really couldn't be much easier to find my place... I just don't want to post my address on the board for all to see (including lurkers...). I'll be working with Chris to send a PM to all who have signed up....

Thanks for volunteering to help!