!!!!SNOW!!!!!

Old Man

Just an Old Man
Well I woke up to about two inches of snow this morning. :thumb::thumb: And it's still coming down. Temps about 32 degrees. But the roads are all clear. :thumb:

And to think that I was thinking of going out to the Beaverhead this morning. Fat chance of that. Since I've been retired I don't need much of an excuse to stay home anymore. bawling:

Man I love this weather. But we do need the moisture. :beathead::beathead: It sure will help with all that is burning here in this state. Quite a few forest fires here.

Jim

Dehlan G

Sweet snow in September! It's been pretty chilly here in Western Wa too, heard there was some snow in the mountains yesterday.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
do you need a tissue?
No, I'm still running around in shorts and a light summer shirt. Got to love the weather in Montana. If it isn't to your liking, just wait about 5 minutes and it will change. But iot has been snowing since I got up this morning, about 0700.

Ed Call

Love the look of the Olys glowing of fresh snow. Take in that wonderful view, recharges me in an instant and I can look forward to a great day. My whole family loves summer, me the least though, I'm ready for a fun filled fall and winter.

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
I've loved fall and winter too, although in our later years my wife and I like to duck into the tropics or desert for a break. Nice view of Rainier at home churns up those old feelings when I was ski mountaineering... Shoosh & fly, Do or die!

ReelFlyBro

Team Short Bus
I love it. been waiting a long time for this type of weather. Of course my daughter is home sick from school today. what I would do to huck streamers right now.

Want to babysit Jim? I know how much you love kids :clown:

jasmillo

I have you beat Jim. 4 inches early last week at my house outside of Denver early last week. Then in the 80's this past weekend. Gotta love mountain weather!

Old Man

Just an Old Man
Lots of trees downed and power outages in the Dillon area. Had a nice shade tree along side of the house. Now it's going to be fire wood.

On my into Snoqualmie this morning I had a view of the Cascades and they also had snow on them. I'm assuming the drop in temps will shut the forks off from here on out...

FT

Jim,

Snow at the end of September in southwest Montana, no biggie. You must be getting weak.

You haven't lived until you get snowed on when fishing the Beaverhead, Big Hole, Madison, etc. in August, or had minus zero temps in mid-October throughout southwest, central, and most of eastern Montana. During the 12 years I lived in Montana, I experienced all of these multiple times in southwest and central Montana.

ReelFlyBro

Team Short Bus
Jim,

Snow at the end of September in southwest Montana, no biggie. You must be getting weak.

You haven't lived until you get snowed on when fishing the Beaverhead, Big Hole, Madison, etc. in August, or had minus zero temps in mid-October throughout southwest, central, and most of eastern Montana. During the 12 years I lived in Montana, I experienced all of these multiple times in southwest and central Montana.
in my 7 years here, I have never seen snow in the valley in August. or below zero temps in October. you must of lived here in the old days when it snow 5 feet and you walked to school 5 miles, up hill boths ways
:beer2:

Old Man

Just an Old Man
That damn snow. I had to spend all morning playing lumberjack. The weight of the snow and the trees with leaves don't mix. There was a nice shade tree along side of the house. Now it is minus three big branches and this is no fun for an old man. I had to cut them up and pile them up behind the house and the next thing I have to do is take them to the dump.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, I hate snow.