Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

So long suckers! I'm rich!!!!

NFR 
3K views 47 replies 27 participants last post by  Old Man 
#1 ·
Just got this in my email! Later losers!

NOTIFICATION OF BEQUEST

My name is Mr. Gordon Forster. I am the Personal Assistant to the great Atlanta Physician and Philanthropists Mr.George Brumley. On behalf of the Trustees and Executor of the Estate of the beneficiaries of his estate. He left the sum of Five Million One Hundred Thousand Dollars(USD$5,100.000.00) to you. This may sound strange and unbelievable to you,but it is real and true.

Late Mr.G. Brumley and all his family were among the victims that died in a charter plane crash. I wish to notify you that late George Brumley made you a beneficiary. The flight crashed into the snow-capped,16,355-foot Lenana Peak on Mount Kenya destroying the entire plane and killing passengers on board. Late George Brumley died on the month of July 2012 at the age of 68. You can see details of his death in the CNN link below:
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/ africa/07/20/kenya.crash/ index.html

He was a widely traveled man and devoted most of his time and wealth to charity and humanitarian work. His great philanthropist works is well known and recorded all over the world. He must have been in contact with you in the past or you were nominated to him in his vision to expand the Charity works. Simply put, he was a very dedicated Sufis and Christian who loved to give out. His great philanthropy earned him numerous awards during his life time. In dedicating this funds to you and other beneficiaries, he instructed that you are to use part of the funds to promote his legacy through activities that aims to help the old, poor, needy and disabled in the society. Late Brumleys' legacy is the love of charity.
Please If I reach you as I am hopeful, endeavor to get back to me as soon as possible so we can start processing the release of the funds to you. You are to reply me immediately providing the following information:
1.Your Full names.
2.Valid Contact address.
3.Contact Telephone and fax numbers.

Yours In Service,
Mr. Gordon Forster.(ESQ).
14 York Road,Ilford Essex,
IG1 3AD London, England.

See less See more
#35 ·
Most of this shit falls under "if it sounds too good to be true...."

I've had my share of Nigerian 'help us get the money out' emails, but lately I've getting more of the 'stuck in the Philippiness, lost my passport and wallet, please wire me $2000' from 'Bob' or some common American name pretending to be one of my coworkers on vacation. This scam must work at large firms, because they've harvested email addresses of coworkers as well.

#36 ·
Interesting that George Brumley of Atlanta hired a lawyer/barrister from England.
I was thinking the exact same thing. No way would I hire someone named Gordon Foster Esq. First- British. Second- Gordon. Third- Esquire. That's three strikes right there.

I do think the grammar of the second paragraph is particularly fucking awesome. Take the massive overuse of "The Late." One day I hope to be remembered on the WFF forum by those prone to nostalgia (see Old Man Jim) as "the Late Wadin' Boot, when he died on the snow capped peak in the crash of a chartered float plane, was said to have left all of the monies of the Late Wadin' Boot's estate to the Pacific Northwest Home For Little Wanderers, of which you have been identified as an alumni....The late Wadin' Boot's Wading Boots are among the treasured jewels to distrubute from the Late Boot estate, as well as a pile of paperwork with "past due" stamps in various collectable inks imprinted on them..."

#37 ·
That damn Brumley! After I showed him my secret, high mountain lake in Montana that holds 30# Golden Trout & tied him some killer size 58 parachute Adams dries and leaders constructed of spider web silk. He was late that day, too. And to think that I let him ride in on my favorite mountain unicorn, good old Lance . . .

#41 ·
Here's hoping my Boeing retirement doesn't turn out to be a scam. :eek: As some have mentioned, this stuff is no laughing matter and sadly targets many older folks. We've had similar dialogue about this type of ill-gotten booty on another thread and its why some of us feel so passionate about calling out those involved.

#43 ·
Missoula is a nut house. Our first visit there was in 1986. We came very close to buying property in the BR Valley -- sorry we didn't from an investment perspective -- glad we didn't from a living there perspective. Actually, I'm hoping Missoula continues to be the collection site :cool:.

Reactions: Krusty
#44 ·
It's kind of quiet here. I'm close to the Big Hole, Beaverhead, Ruby, Madison, BSC, Long Creek. Hell the Beaverhead is 5 minutes from my back door. I have a creek running through town that holds Brown trout that is out my front door that is about 50 feet away.

You could say that I live in the middle of blue ribbon fishery. I'm only close to big lakes(reservoirs) as all the small lakes sit at about 8,000 feet. You need a donkey to reach them or a goat. I use my ATV.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.